EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   Early Warning... (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Emailias is closing (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=60434)

Empath 28 Sep 2010 04:58 PM

Emailias is closing

I received an email from Emailias, announcing that all services would cease on November 5. I really hate to see them go, since I considered them the best targeted address service around. I used them not only for the emailias.com addresses, but also for three of my own domains.

Even though it was a paid service, it was well worth it.

janusz 28 Sep 2010 05:20 PM

The Emailias web site still allows to sign up for a Trial Membership (free for 60 days....) :confused:

Empath 6 Nov 2010 02:34 PM

I guess it's true. It's Nov 5, and it's gone. It's a shame.

Madmyke 7 Nov 2010 05:44 AM

Emaillias

I am really angry. I never received any email from Emaillias about this cancelation of services. Now I "discover" the issue because I din't received any mail from yesterday. I had renew my subscription 6 month ago :-( and the more unacceptable, I didn't have the time to save a list of my existing Emailias adresses :mad::mad::mad:.

With absolutely no tools now to retreive this list. The minimum was to send a list before closing.:mad:

some years ago I do decide to go to non free services (coming from Spammotel) to have a better service (reliability) and a chance to have a stable solution, but I should admit that pay people to work is NOT a good idea:mad:.

We cannot trust to anybody. and Emailias VERY deceiving me because by their fault I am now in trouble and paid for nothing :mad::mad::mad:

In my country they can have a law procedure for that

Any idea of any other offer ? Free this time, as paying does not grand any security at all.

Vin 8 Nov 2010 03:55 AM

I didn't get any warning either. If they knew a month in advance, they should have been sending weekly reminder notices! The way the closing was handled was inexcusably unprofessional.

Not only that, but I just renewed my annual subscription a WEEK ago and they processed the payment without so much as a word. Unconscionable. I'll be disputing that charge with my credit card company today.

Fortunately I had at least downloaded a spreadsheet of all my emailiases about 6 weeks ago. Without that I'd be out for blood. Even with that information it is a major ordeal notifying all my contacts and changing everything. I don't even want to imagine what it would be like without it. I feel for you.

After doing a few hours of research, it appears to me that Spamex offers a service that comes closest to what Emailias was like, so I opened an account with them today. I hope they stick around. Sigh.

EdinwolfPA 8 Nov 2010 04:25 AM

Just an FYI

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vin (Post 512117)
After doing a few hours of research, it appears to me that Spamex offers a service that comes closest to what Emailias was like, so I opened an account with them today. I hope they stick around. Sigh.

Hello,

Not sure if this applies or not, However, here is a thread regarding Spamex:

http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...ghlight=spamex

Thought you should know if you don't already.

David

Madmyke 8 Nov 2010 04:57 AM

so bad

Ok as Vin I decide to test this service but the post replied now was really not a good news.
Is there any service like this that seems to be acceptable ? It should exist in the world isn't it ? But on mian search on google more free service offer only limited time disposable adresses, or limited number. Spammotel is free, works well, with non limited adresses, replies are possible and hide, but sometime, it took 2 days to one month to send email :(

EdinwolfPA 8 Nov 2010 05:13 AM

Just a Sugguestion

Hello,

I don't have an account here, however, you may want to check this service out:

http://www.spamgourmet.com/

Just a suggestion

David

Madmyke 8 Nov 2010 05:20 AM

Spamgourmet

Thank you for the proposal (and help).
Unfortunately, I already read this page, same problem. Free service, but the limitation here is the number of mails that you could use for one Redisposable adress. The maximum is 20. When the limit is reached, the RA is deleted automaticaly.

aengler 8 Nov 2010 05:52 AM

It's a pity

It's really a pity that Emailias does not exist any more. I just discovered it now, I never saw a warning (but I don't think a warning would have helped much, anyway). I have just paid the annual fee a few weeks ago, but I don't mind about that; I have been using Emailias for years, was always satisfied and found it was well worth its price.

I don't think any of the other services offers anything close to what Emailias offered. There are quite a few services for throwaway addresses. But that is something quite different, what I mainly appreciated about Emailias is that it offered normal addresses without any special limitations that can be used for long-term contacts (which, for example, the limited addresses of spamgourmet cannot). I used Emailias for most of my contacts, even if I thought that the likelihood that the address would go to spammers was low - usually there is still some risk, and the work involved in giving up a single emailias (that was only given to one person, organization or website) is much smaller than the work involved in getting a new e-mail address altogether because the old one was somehow leaked to spammers.

Even if there was something similar to emailias, I would be quite sceptical whether the service would not soon be discontinued, as well. I looked at some link lists for such services, and they contain quite a few dead links. In the next weeks I will have a lot of work updating my e-mail address on many websites (I just have to hope that I still know the passwords because I will not be able to get them via e-mail any more...) and notify many people. I don't want to go through that again in the future when another service I would choose now was discontinued, as well.

For me personally, the best replacement for emailias is now getting my own personal domain from a provider a that offers the server-side configuration/mailbox application with unlimited mailboxes and forwarding. That comes relatively close to what emailias offered, although it is clearly not as convenient.

I wonder why Emailias closed. Wasn't it profitable? As far as I can tell, it was really the best service of this kind, and I would certaily have been ready to pay a bit more. I think such a service should not be discontinued, at all, it should be possible to find someone who is willing to continue it if the previous owner doesn't want any more, and if it really had to be discontinued, this should have been announced a long time in advance with repeated notifications.

JBattin 9 Nov 2010 02:45 AM

Emailias closed?

I never received an email from emailias saying they were closing. But they did have some recent issues with downtime, or was it something else? This time is different than the past downtimes though. The domain no longer exists, so all of the email bounces after so many tries.

This is beyond irritating - I have over 500 emailias addresses and I don't have a list of the addresses.

They should work to sell the business rather than close down. Unfortunately, there was never a company address or phone # on their site.

This sucks major!

janusz 9 Nov 2010 03:12 AM

Whois returns
Quote:

Registrant:
Name Administration Inc. (BVI)
Box 10518 A.P.O.
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands B.W.I.
KY

Domain name: EMAILALIAS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Domain, Administrator
Box 10518 A.P.O.
KY
+1.345.946.6879
Technical Contact:
Domain, Administrator
Box 10518 A.P.O.
KY
+1.345.946.6879
I'm not sure whether this really helps :eek:

norbl 9 Nov 2010 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madmyke (Post 512127)
Thank you for the proposal (and help).
Unfortunately, I already read this page, same problem. Free service, but the limitation here is the number of mails that you could use for one Redisposable adress. The maximum is 20. When the limit is reached, the RA is deleted automaticaly.

You can put a recipient or domain as a trusted sender and it won't advance the email account. For instance, I could put amazon.com as a trusted sender and the count would never advance.

I never got an email from emailias either. If they sent it from a non-emailias domain, my Norton might have deleted it automatically.

Vin 9 Nov 2010 10:44 AM

@janusz
>> Domain name: EMAILALIAS.COM<<
That spelling is different. Are you sure that's the same company??

@EdwinWolfPA
>> Not sure if this applies or not, However, here is a thread regarding Spamex: http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...ghlight=spamex
Thought you should know if you don't already.<<

Thanks for the warning, but it was too late. ;) I'd already paid.

My assessment of spamex so far:
Obviously I have no way to evaluate the long-term viability of the service. I admit it doesn't sound promising, but I just couldn't bring myself to go back to no pin-point control over all my email contacts. I'm spoiled.

They have a couple of interesting features that Emailias didn't have, but they aren't ones that are terribly useful to me, so they still don't make up for the features that are lacking. Nonetheless, they are the closest thing to Emailias out there, that I can find anyway.

Things I miss the most so far:
1) No Reply Generator. They do have the capability of clicking "send" next to a spamex online, which allows you to originate an email message from the spamex to the recipient (and copy yourself, if you wish). This is better than nothing, but not as good as Reply Generator. For one thing, you still have to wait for a reply to come from the recipient before you have their spamex response address.

2) No way that I can see to download a copy of the database of all your spamex addresses. Believe me, this time I'm keeping my own spreadsheet! I don't know what I would have done this weekend without the one I had downloaded from Emailias and I can really feel the pain of those who didn't.

3) No way to list multiple domain names with one spamex. You can USE them for more than one domain, but you can only enter one as the "official" one.

4) No way to organize spamex addresses in folders. You just get a list. However the list is filterable in various ways and also searchable, so it's not too godawful.

5) Minor irritant: no auto-select of the address after it's been created; you have to manually highlight it yourself.

I am sure there are more differences that would probably irritate the heck out of other Emailias users, but for the way I used it, these are the biggest differences I notice. So far.

norbl 9 Nov 2010 11:16 AM

Yahoo Plus allows you to create 500 disposable email addresses. I'm not sure how many I had with emailias so I don't know if that would be enough. I haven't checked whether they can be forwarded to a non-Yahoo account either. I liked the reply masked feature in Emailias. Yahoo plus is $19.95 a year. I also haven't seen whether you can download the list in spreadsheet format.

Empath 9 Nov 2010 12:03 PM

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: EMAILIAS.COM
Created on: 01-Jun-00
Expires on: 07-Sep-11
Last Updated on: 11-Jan-10

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration EMAILIAS.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Technical Contact:
Private, Registration EMAILIAS.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Domain servers in listed order:
NS05.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS06.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Name: Network Operations
Handle: NETWO2178-ARIN
Company: Emailias
Address: 109 East 17th Street
Address: #25
City: Cheyenne
StateProv: WY
PostalCode: 82001
RegDate: 2008-01-03
Updated: 2008-01-03
Phone: +1-866-605-9160 (Office)
Email: noc@emailias.com
Ref: http://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/NETWO2178-ARIN

sync00 9 Nov 2010 10:38 PM

I also did not get a warning email. They did not mind taking money for my renewal two weeks ago.

Now I have to figure out what to do about the hundreds of DEAs I had set up.

wesley4 10 Nov 2010 10:33 AM

Hi,

Yeah, the sc*zzbuckets at Emailias didn't inform me by email either.

The site seemed to have been taken over a year or more ago and since then the customer service went downhill for me. The support@ email address was replaced by a suggest@ (!) address. I had been a member since 2004 and the previous owner was pleasant, replied quickly to emails and even implemented some of my suggestions. The new owners never replied to my emails.

The website looked as if it hadn't been redesigned since Day 1 but it was always for me the most feature-rich DEA service. There was never any buzz about it combined with an awful name..

I intend to continue to stay away from Gmail and the plus-addressing and just make do with Fastmail's aliases/personalities.

I'm thankful I downloaded the spreadsheet of emailiases every month and did so 5 days before the site closed down.

Pity all my favourite websites are closing down,

sixteenkats 11 Nov 2010 03:53 AM

Email not lost

I was really worried about losing all the email that had been sent to my domain that I handed over to emailias. I've removed the MX servers, and now the old emails are slowly trickling in. The emails sent to emailias.com however...

I have lost all my data as I did not download the spreadsheet since I had no idea that it would just disappear one day. I'm not so upset about the $10 that emailias stole from me... but the lost data!!!!!

Vin 11 Nov 2010 11:26 AM

Here are two links to some information about Paul MacIntosh, the guy who invented and founded Emailias. As wesley4 says, when he owned the company he was very responsive and kind. It's too bad he sold it. Anybody feel like tracking him down to see if he can be convinced to start it up again?? ;) Or at least see if he can lean on the bozo who shut it down to email all former users their databases? :rolleyes:

http://www.spoke.com/info/pbVTyo/PaulMacIntosh

http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulmacintosh

norbl 12 Nov 2010 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vin (Post 512323)
Here are two links to some information about Paul MacIntosh, the guy who invented and founded Emailias. As wesley4 says, when he owned the company he was very responsive and kind. It's too bad he sold it. Anybody feel like tracking him down to see if he can be convinced to start it up again?? ;) Or at least see if he can lean on the bozo who shut it down to email all former users their databases? :rolleyes:

http://www.spoke.com/info/pbVTyo/PaulMacIntosh

That would be great if he could get a hold of the databases.

I've been using spamgourmet. You can only redirect mail to one real address though.

pmac 12 Nov 2010 05:09 AM

Former owner here...

Hi all,

This is Paul MacIntosh, the former owner of Emailias. As you know, Emailias was sold a couple of years ago. I was working with the new owner up until this past February, at which point I was let go from their service.

Regarding the closure, I and other members did receive a generic email notice a month or two ago indicating the service would be closed down on November 5 (last Friday). They also sent another notice email on the Monday prior to shutting down the service.

I don't know what criteria was used to select the email addresses to send to, but it seems a number of members did not receive the notice.

For my part, sorry for any inconvenience caused. I was not involved with any decision to close it down. I sold the company further the product with more solid financial backing. Ultimately, it turned out to not be a good fit (me and them).

Due to non-compete agreements, I can't start a new service (people have asked me). Also, due to some non-disclosure agreements, I won't provide info about the company that acquired Emailias. Sorry for seeming non-helpful on these points, but it's a lawsuit thing.

Thanks for the loyal members that stuck with the ups and downs during the years I ran it. I really tried to provide a good member experience and support. I enjoyed getting to know many of you. Sorry that changed and that it's now all gone. :-(

Best regards,
--Paul.

norbl 12 Nov 2010 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmac (Post 512353)
Hi all,

This is Paul MacIntosh, the former owner of Emailias. As you know, Emailias was sold a couple of years ago. I was working with the new owner up until this past February, at which point I was let go from their service.

Regarding the closure, I and other members did receive a generic email notice a month or two ago indicating the service would be closed down on November 5 (last Friday). They also sent another notice email on the Monday prior to shutting down the service.

I don't know what criteria was used to select the email addresses to send to, but it seems a number of members did not receive the notice.

For my part, sorry for any inconvenience caused. I was not involved with any decision to close it down. I sold the company further the product with more solid financial backing. Ultimately, it turned out to not be a good fit (me and them).

Due to non-compete agreements, I can't start a new service (people have asked me). Also, due to some non-disclosure agreements, I won't provide info about the company that acquired Emailias. Sorry for seeming non-helpful on these points, but it's a lawsuit thing.

Thanks for the loyal members that stuck with the ups and downs during the years I ran it. I really tried to provide a good member experience and support. I enjoyed getting to know many of you. Sorry that changed and that it's now all gone. :-(

Best regards,
--Paul.

Is there any way you could contact the latest owners and have them bring it back up temporarily so we could get access to our addresses? I was never sent a notification so I'm guessing it was sent from a non-emailias address and was filtered out by Norton Internet Security.

It seems like since they closed the business, you wouldn't be competing if you started up another similar service.

sixteenkats 12 Nov 2010 12:38 PM

Contacting owners

I came here to say that domainsbyproxy says that emailias.com@domainsbyproxy.com will go to the current site admin. I've sent an email and will let you know how it turns out.

Paul - thank you so much for posting here. It's really good to know that we're not totally cut-off. Anything you can do in terms of contacting the owner on our behalf would be above-and-beyond, but we've come to expect that from you ;)

I do want to say that I have checked *all* of my inboxes and spam folders and there is not a single message from emailias informing me about this shutdown.

pmac 13 Nov 2010 12:23 AM

Forwarded this thread...

I just forwarded the link for this discussion thread to the current owners.

Good luck!

--Paul.

wesley4 13 Nov 2010 12:53 AM

Hi Paul,

I appreciate your replies - it means a lot. Emailias was always streets ahead of Spamgourmet and the rest in terms of features. and GREAT SERVICE :D

Oracle76 13 Nov 2010 01:25 AM

Wow, just stumbled on to this thread after googling emailias. Had been a member from 2003 and all 3,000+ of my emailias's went up in smoke. No email from them a month ago or a week ago, nada. Thought something was funny when my mail volume dropped a few days ago.

Funny, paid for another year a couple months back but have received no credit on my credit card for the extra 10 months of service they will not be providing. There has to be some protection for folks that paid and got stiffed.

Wonderful, no access to the site and no way to download 7 years of addresses. Hopefully this new owner gets on the ball and provides a way for users to retrieve all their past addresses.

If Paul cannot compete, I will. It can't be that hard to hire some genuis off elance to code a site like emailias. Since the site is dead there is nothing to compete against anyway.

Spamex 13 Nov 2010 04:06 AM

So allow me to address some of the Spamex question in-line below:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vin (Post 512215)
@janusz
>> Domain name: EMAILALIAS.COM<<
That spelling is different. Are you sure that's the same company??

@EdwinWolfPA
>> Not sure if this applies or not, However, here is a thread regarding Spamex: http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...ghlight=spamex
Thought you should know if you don't already.<<

Thanks for the warning, but it was too late. ;) I'd already paid.

My assessment of spamex so far:
Obviously I have no way to evaluate the long-term viability of the service. I admit it doesn't sound promising, but I just couldn't bring myself to go back to no pin-point control over all my email contacts. I'm spoiled.

<SPAMEX> We are still here and going strong. We recently fought and won an Patent Infringement litigation brought on us by WebZero, which purchased Emailias a while back. It was expensive and will take us a while to recover from those expenses.

They have a couple of interesting features that Emailias didn't have, but they aren't ones that are terribly useful to me, so they still don't make up for the features that are lacking. Nonetheless, they are the closest thing to Emailias out there, that I can find anyway.

Things I miss the most so far:
1) No Reply Generator. They do have the capability of clicking "send" next to a spamex online, which allows you to originate an email message from the spamex to the recipient (and copy yourself, if you wish). This is better than nothing, but not as good as Reply Generator. For one thing, you still have to wait for a reply to come from the recipient before you have their spamex response address.

<Spamex>You can create a reply address (we call it a CEA or Contact Email Address) by going into the contacts tab of the DEA and adding a new contact.

2) No way that I can see to download a copy of the database of all your spamex addresses. Believe me, this time I'm keeping my own spreadsheet! I don't know what I would have done this weekend without the one I had downloaded from Emailias and I can really feel the pain of those who didn't.

<Spamex>Yes, we do need this and obviously with what just happened to people with their emailias accounts, we understand the sensitivity to this issue. Look for it soon.

3) No way to list multiple domain names with one spamex. You can USE them for more than one domain, but you can only enter one as the "official" one.

<Spamex>I am not sure what this means. The <Site Domain> field can take a list of domain names and the DEA will be returned when Spamex is invoked from ANY of those domains.

4) No way to organize spamex addresses in folders. You just get a list. However the list is filterable in various ways and also searchable, so it's not too godawful.

<Spamex>True, no foldering, but the search does search in the DEA, the Domain and the notes fields, so it is easy to locate things, its just not possible to group them.

5) Minor irritant: no auto-select of the address after it's been created; you have to manually highlight it yourself.

<Spamex>This depends on the browser. On IE you should see a 'copy' link that will put the address into the clipboard. On other browsers you should be able to triple click the DEA to select it then have to Control-C to put it in the clipboard.

I am sure there are more differences that would probably irritate the heck out of other Emailias users, but for the way I used it, these are the biggest differences I notice. So far.

Regards,
Spamex

sflorack 13 Nov 2010 04:15 AM

Spamex is a great service -- I highly recommend them. They occasionally go into hiatus for upgrades and news, but the service itself continues working without fault.

Sherry 13 Nov 2010 05:08 PM

[Moderator:]

Spamex, would you please send a PM to Edwin to see if you should be given Service Representative status. Thank you.

Welcome to the EMD Forums :)

Vin 14 Nov 2010 01:14 AM

Thanks Paul

@pmac
Thank you so much for posting here and cluing us in a little on the mystery. Anything you can do to improve the situation for the former Emailias users is obviously much appreciated. But if it doesn't help, we realize it's not your fault.

I'm sorry Emailias is gone and sorry you're no longer the owner, but I appreciated it while it lasted, and wish you all the best in your current and future endeavors.

It was good to hear from you.

Vin 14 Nov 2010 01:31 AM

Thanks Spamex

@Spamex
Thank you very much for chiming in here! It's great to know there's someone actively involved in addressing user concerns. Obviously that speaks well of the company. I'm really very sorry you've been having to deal with litigation.

Contact/Add Contact still doesn't function the way Reply Generator did, but I imagine these types of questions would be better addressed in a different thread. Or in a Spamex user forum.;) I appreciate very much your attempt to educate a new user.

And I'd like to add that I've been using Spamex for almost a week now, adding lots of DEAs and notifying multiple contacts -- with no glitches, nor bugs encountered. So I have no complaints on its reliability so far.

Thank you again for your contribution to this thread.

Gio 14 Nov 2010 06:56 AM

Thanks Paul for all you did

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmac (Post 512378)
I just forwarded the link for this discussion thread to the current owners.

Good luck!

--Paul.

Thanks Paul.
It's a shame your service got trashed this badly. When you were still in, nothing awkward happened, but now... I know you would do everything you could if your hands weren't tied.
I'll never forget the quick responses to my mails and the extra service you provided when I asked for a different payment method. You even granted me a free subscription. That was awesome!

As a small gesture back, I want to inform you that you might want to inform the Better Business Bureau (BBB) of the current state, in which you are no longer owner of emailias.
See this link: http://bit.ly/9oVzyy

I also noticed that About.com still puts emailias.com on place #1 in their list of Top 7 Disposable Email Address Services. And on september, just recently that is, a reviewer gave the service 5 stars. See: http://bit.ly/1N4xyx

As things go with such sites, updates are likely to never happen. So if anyone feels annoyed enough to deliver some feisty counterweight, please do so. We should warn other users for getting into same trouble, just by believing Google results...

Anyway, I hope to find a new similar service and reading the last posts, Spamex makes a good chance. But this time, I will proceed with some more care... and no more will I rely on online spreadsheets alone! Backup backup backup.

Again, thanks Paul for the great service it once was
Thank you all posters for bringing this mystery to an end and providing useful alternatives!

Cheers,
Gio

Davidsmith 14 Nov 2010 03:46 PM

I think I;m going to sign up to spamex, seems fine so far.

If the spamex rep reads this, for goodness sake update your news page so that visitors can see the site is active (or get rid of it). Looking back now, the emailias site hardly had any updates, which was probably a sign of its imminent demise.

John Gray 15 Nov 2010 02:21 AM

I'd be very grateful if Empath, who appears to be the only person to have received prior warning of the closing of the Emailias service, could post the email or emails which was/were received, suitably anonymised, together with the dates of receipt.

I am currently attempting to claim back from my credit card provider the money to renew my annual membership which I paid six days before the service closed.

At an average loss of $10 to each (annual) subscriber, the current owners of Emailias must have made $lots...

Empath 15 Nov 2010 06:03 PM

First Message

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 09:41:20 -0700
To: noc@corp.emailias.com
Subject: Emailias Service Discontinuation Notice

Dear Emailias Customers,

We regret to inform you that, effective November 5^th 2010, all Emailias
services will be discontinued. Please make arrangements to discontinue
your use of these services prior to this date. You may reach us at
noc@corp.emailias.com <mailto:noc@corp.emailias.com> if you have any
questions.

Regards,

Emailias NOC Team

Second Message

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 11:18:11 -0700
Subject: Emailias Service Discontinuation Notice

Dear Emailias Customers,

questions.

Regards,

Emailias NOC Team

Third Message (received the same day as the second

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 11:21:12 -0700
Subject: Emailias Discontinuation Notice

Dear Emailias Customers,

questions.

Regards,

Emailias NOC Team

pmac 16 Nov 2010 12:59 AM

Contact info...

Hi all:

Vin posted a couple of links for information about me. The "Spoke" URL seems to be some automated mash-up of info, but isn't quite me. It has some info about me, but some other info that isn't me (perhaps some other person by the same name).

The LinkedIn URL is correct, and a couple of people have joined my network to ask other questions or keepin touch. Feel free to contact me there or to keep up with what I'm doing (currently doing independent consulting):

Best regards,
--Paul.

John Gray 16 Nov 2010 02:05 AM

Thanks, Empath, for those posts. Did you take up their offer of 'asking them any questions'?

emailiasuser 16 Nov 2010 06:36 AM

Emailias message was in SPAM folder

I found this message dated Oct 29, 2010 in my SPAM folder. Don't know if that helps those of you trying to recover data.

"Dear Emailias Customers,
We regret to inform you that, effective November 5th 2010, all Emailias services will be discontinued. Please make arrangements to discontinue your use of these services prior to this date. You may reach us at noc@corp.emailias.com if you have any questions.
Regards,
Emailias NOC Team"

aleinss 16 Nov 2010 11:07 AM

I would recommend registering your own domain name ($9/year), then go with Tuffmail which offers unlimited aliases on your own domain. If they go down, you simply switch the MX records to the new provider.

That's what I did when mailblocks.com was sold to AOL.