EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   do you get a @duck.com email address? (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=78834)

jeffpan 26 Sep 2021 12:04 PM

do you get a @duck.com email address?

yes this address is for forwarding only. but it looks short and cute.
I got my name at duck.com, forwarded to gmail.
But, once the messages have non-English char included, the message will be rejected by duck.com MX server.
So it looks unreliable for now.

janusz 26 Sep 2021 05:20 PM

I got such an address too. Not very useful, IMHO. It requires a browser extension to be of any use.

And this is ridiculous:
Quote:

Reach out to us at support@duck.com if you would like to change your forwarding address

FredOnline 26 Sep 2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janusz (Post 622596)
I got such an address too. Not very useful, IMHO.

Don't look a giftduck in the bill! :D

I put my name on the waitlist a few weeks ago - still waiting . . .

jeffpan 27 Sep 2021 01:39 PM

I can setup @pubbox.net forwarding for free if you'd like.

FredOnline 10 Nov 2021 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredOnline (Post 622597)
Don't look a giftduck in the bill! :D

Finally got my duck.com e-mail address, now to find some use for it! :D

somdcomputerguy 10 Nov 2021 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredOnline (Post 622597)

I am still on the 'waiting list'. I 'put my name on it' back in September also.

- Bruce

jeffpan 17 Nov 2021 10:27 PM

Do you know how to change the destination email?

janusz 17 Nov 2021 11:32 PM

see post #2

Tsunami 26 Nov 2021 04:48 AM

I miss the old @dog.com email service. That was a neat short domain name. And it had a really nice logo with a dog holding an enveloppe in his mouth :)

I'd only use email forwarding addresses under my own domain names.

FredOnline 2 Feb 2022 04:27 PM

Great news, you can now send replies from your Duck Addresses!

By e-mail today:

Quote:

Great news, you can now send replies from your Duck Addresses!

From this point on, you can simply reply to any email sent to one of your Duck Addresses. Your replies will automatically be routed through duck.com and delivered from the Duck Address it was sent to.

We hope you find this new feature useful. For more information about replies and Email Protection, view our Frequently Asked Questions. Still need help? Send a message to support@duck.com.

Fenman 8 Feb 2022 04:40 PM

I've had a duck.com address for a few weeks. I don't think I've used it yet but I got three spam messages sent to it this morning.

FredOnline 8 Feb 2022 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenman (Post 624808)
I've had a duck.com address for a few weeks. I don't think I've used it yet but I got three spam messages sent to it this morning.

Was the spam sent to the duck address you signed up with, or a newly generated duck address?

TenFour 8 Feb 2022 10:47 PM

I would guess that if you managed to get one of those short @duck.com addresses with your actual name it will be a spam magnet because the spammers just blast out millions of emails to likely addresses. In other words, it is easy to guess what addresses will be popular. Just add the list of most common names in front of the @. Hopefully, DDG has a good spam system set up to help eliminate some of that.

Fenman 9 Feb 2022 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredOnline (Post 624809)
Was the spam sent to the duck address you signed up with, or a newly generated duck address?

It was the one I signed up with. It sent one to my original destination address even after I had changed it.

FredOnline 9 Feb 2022 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenman (Post 624811)
It was the one I signed up with. It sent one to my original destination address even after I had changed it.

Was it a short address as mentioned by TenFour? If not you've been unlucky, it's been working fine for me . . . so far.