EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Private Email by Namecheap (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=70486)

Just Bill 29 Apr 2015 01:00 PM

Private Email by Namecheap

I'm currently I using the two month trial. Web interface is somewhat clunky and none to impressive, but IMAP seems to work ok. Has anyone else here tried it?

ccl1 29 Apr 2015 01:25 PM

i tried it too. or it is better to say that i attempted to try it. the problem with it was they required you to change mx records etc and that was not an option with me. spam experts requires a specific setup and would not work if i had changed mx records.

Just Bill 29 Apr 2015 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccl1 (Post 583930)
i tried it too. or it is better to say that i attempted to try it. the problem with it was they required you to change mx records etc and that was not an option with me. spam experts requires a specific setup and would not work if i had changed mx records.

This is odd because being as my domain was purchased through namecheap, I wasn't required to make any changes manually. I simply selected that my mail be hosted by then and it was done.

cptlo306 29 Apr 2015 09:56 PM

I've got a paid account with them but I don't use it all the time. It works OK. They had some major instability problems about a year ago but I think they got them all resolved. Regarding the webmail, I like it and think it works pretty well.

scholarist 30 Apr 2015 02:14 AM

I host the email for one of my domains there. The service seems alright and it was easy to set up. I'm not too thrilled about the OX web interface, though--just another generic webmail interface.

ccl1 30 Apr 2015 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Bill (Post 583939)
This is odd because being as my domain was purchased through namecheap, I wasn't required to make any changes manually. I simply selected that my mail be hosted by then and it was done.

My domain isn't hosted by namecheap, so that is probably why

Just Bill 5 May 2015 01:49 AM

I've been pretty satisfied with it, so I went ahead and bought in before my trial was over. They still credited me two extra months. I contacted online live support once and the experience was very positive.

sheprd 21 May 2015 01:14 AM

I am interested in trying this email. I have my domains hosted with name cheap. would my mail be user at name cheap dot com? Thanks for any info.

cptlo306 21 May 2015 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheprd (Post 584507)
I am interested in trying this email. I have my domains hosted with name cheap. would my mail be user at name cheap dot com? Thanks for any info.

It uses your own domain. I don't think it supports @namecheap.com.

sheprd 21 May 2015 01:32 AM

Thanks cptlo306 for your prompt resoonse

jeffpan 21 May 2015 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheprd (Post 584507)

That would be fun, if namecheap gives @namecheap.com email accounts to subscribers.
some providers like yahoo/AOL/yandex do that, but google/microsoft not.

David 21 May 2015 12:24 PM

I have been contemplating using Namecheap (for email hosting) but have not yet taken the plunge. Most certainly I would want email addresses @myowndomain - most certainly not @namecheap.com - I fail to see any advantages in that.

jeffpan 21 May 2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 584523)
I have been contemplating using Namecheap (for email hosting) but have not yet taken the plunge. Most certainly I would want email addresses @myowndomain - most certainly not @namecheap.com - I fail to see any advantages in that.

Your domains are hosting on a group of public DNS servers.
But enterprise's private domains are hosted on their private DNS servers most likely.
For email systems, the solid DNS solution is very important.

Just Bill 23 May 2015 02:24 PM

Namecheap Private Email is not a free service, but is very reasonably priced. It is designed for people to use with their own domain that is hosted by Namecheap.

jeffpan 28 May 2015 01:08 PM

I have been using their private type for a trial.
what I am not satisfied is that this type doesn't support active sync, only business and business office types support that.