EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Don't know what to get that special someone in your life for Christmas? (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=77575)

FredOnline 18 Dec 2020 09:33 PM

Don't know what to get that special someone in your life for Christmas?

How's about a Tutanota gift card!

TenFour 18 Dec 2020 09:58 PM

Ha! Most of the special someone's in my life have trouble just figuring out how to reliably login to their Gmail accounts. The idea of them using encrypted email is so far beyond anything they would ever contemplate it is hopeless. I have a tough enough time at work making sure employees don't make their passwords something like Passw0rd.

webecedarian 19 Dec 2020 08:49 AM

Sorry, but given the pandemic, I suggest we all buy presents from brick-and-mortar businesses that are hurting. I'm planning on buying books from a bookstore.

TenFour 19 Dec 2020 08:51 AM

The problem buying at brick and mortar stores is you probably have to go there and shop, which is not a good idea during a pandemic. I'm personally avoiding going into any business as much as possible, and they seem to have to close left and right as some employee is tested positive. Besides, this is an email forum, so I think the thought is around email-related gifts you can give.

webecedarian 19 Dec 2020 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenFour (Post 618515)
The problem buying at brick and mortar stores is you probably have to go there and shop, which is not a good idea during a pandemic. I'm personally avoiding going into any business as much as possible, and they seem to have to close left and right as some employee is tested positive. Besides, this is an email forum, so I think the thought is around email-related gifts you can give.

First, very few people are actually doing a total lockdown, and most businesses are very careful about masking. Second, you can order from all kinds of businesses by mail, as well as arrange for curbside pick-up in many places. (For books, there is also Abe.com.) I just know I'd be really irritated if someone gave me an email gift card for Christmas.

Berenburger 19 Dec 2020 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredOnline (Post 618503)
How's about a Tutanota gift card!

Thank you Fred, but I already have an account. :D

FredOnline 19 Dec 2020 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berenburger (Post 618520)
Thank you Fred, but I already have an account. :D

You could always gift the card to someone else, O Special One! :p

Bamb0 20 Dec 2020 08:39 AM

I cant believe its friday!!!!!!

TenFour 20 Dec 2020 08:43 AM

Quote:

That's because it is Saturday.

n5bb 20 Dec 2020 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenFour (Post 618532)
That's because it is Saturday.

You missed that the antecedent for "it" was intended to be Christmas Day, which indeed is on Friday this year. ;)

somdcomputerguy 20 Dec 2020 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamb0 (Post 618530)

Quote:

Originally Posted by n5bb (Post 618533)
You missed that the antecedent for "it" was intended to be Christmas Day, which indeed is on Friday this year. ;)

I sure hope it won't be on the 13th.. :cool: (ya, so I'm a blonde guy telling a blonde joke..)