EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   Runbox Forum (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   When is the new beta coming? (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=72970)

smithmb001 5 Feb 2018 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caulfield87 (Post 605493)
today i have decided to no longer stick to a provider who's webmail is like it's from 1999, and STILL doesn't offer a calendar.

In general, I don't mind the current interface other than some features are a little clunky to use, ie searching. Most everything else is tolerable since Geir did the facelift some time ago (Rubox Aero). I am not sure if it was officially announced but on this forum, it was posted that the closed beta had begun and they were off and running and that everyone who requested would not necessarily participate. This issue could have been resolved with better communication on the forum, twitter, facebook, etc.

I am with you on the calendar complaint. The CalDav implementation without a web-based calendar is a complete disappointment. I know of no other provider (maybe in history) that has ever implemented a calendar system in this manner. And, if you are hoping for a web-based calendar don't hold your breath because they have made it clear it isn't coming anytime soon.

Now, with that complaint out of the way, I have always been happy with Runbox and have no intention of leaving their service. When the beta makes it to me I will be thankful or if I have to wait until it is released that's fine too.

janusz 6 Feb 2018 12:54 AM

Finally got an invitation to test Runbox 7.
The invitation says, among other things,
Quote:

We ask that you do not discuss the Runbox 7 Webmail features elsewhere [i.e. outside the dedicated forum], and that you do not share the link to the Runbox 7 Webmail app.
. So I'll keep mum for a while....

Glendon CDN 10 Feb 2018 05:08 AM

Some odd activity from Runbox on the beta project.

A Twitter post at 14:00 EST invited people to register for the beta via a Direct Message [DM} BUT the Runbox Twitter account is configured to accept a DM only from people Runbox follows. That's not going to work. General Twitter followers can't communicate with Runbox that way.

About the same time, Runbox also updated its Facebook cover photo and published the Dec 19 media release about Runbox7. Had me a bit excited until I realised what I was seeing was almost two months old.

I was an early registrant for the beta [maybe Oct 2017] but have not received an invitation as of today.

kservik 15 Feb 2018 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glendon CDN (Post 605611)
A Twitter post at 14:00 EST invited people to register for the beta via a Direct Message [DM} BUT the Runbox Twitter account is configured to accept a DM only from people Runbox follows. That's not going to work. General Twitter followers can't communicate with Runbox that way.

Sorry about the DM stuff. I think that was fixed shortly after.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glendon CDN (Post 605611)
I was an early registrant for the beta [maybe Oct 2017] but have not received an invitation as of today.

About half on the list are invited and using it and the rest will follow as we add more users. We added 20 users earlier today, so there is progress :)

Kim

rscaramelo 10 Mar 2018 10:46 PM

Can wait to get the beta. Looks excellent. Service on the whole has been good so this is a bonus.

17pm 24 Apr 2018 08:39 PM

Any news regarding this beta?

I am officially looking for a new e-mail provider and I was thinking of runbox. It needs a new webclient though, the current one is ... bad. This new webclient has been in closed-beta for a while now. When will it finally be in an open beta so I can test it?

janusz 24 Apr 2018 09:05 PM

As far as I know you still can join beta.

17pm 25 Apr 2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janusz (Post 606345)
As far as I know you still can join beta.

Unfortunately, there is a list and I've no idea how long it will take.