EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   FastMail Forum (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   fastmail.net (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=40267)

Jeremy Howard 20 Dec 2005 06:03 PM

fastmail.net

This is a quick note to let you all know that we've secured the fastmail.net domain name, and it should be available shortly. Many thanks to Logicbank LLC for offering the domain to us and completely the transaction quickly and professionally.

PS: Sorry for the limited forum updates from me - RSI has come back in a big way so I'm not using the PC much at all.

JeffK 20 Dec 2005 07:03 PM

Good catch, Jeremy. Just the biggie to go. But I think many users will like fastmail.net.

Sorry to hear about the RSI coming back in that chronic way. I hope that it improves quickly and permanently.

Jeff

oysterquartz 20 Dec 2005 07:49 PM

Yes, its true: Fastmail.net sold to Fastmail.fm

Best wishes and continued success to Jeremy, Rob and the rest of the FastMail.fm team. FastMail.fm users should be able to enjoy the FastMail.net domain shortly.

Thank you Jeremy for making this a smooth transaction. I'm also sorry to hear about your RSI recurring.

petergh 21 Dec 2005 03:21 AM

This is excellent news! Definitely a big coup for FastMail. Congratulations to the FM team for this acquisition, and a 'get well soon' to Jeremy.

William9 21 Dec 2005 03:08 PM

Jeremy, we want to hear from you so try an alternative input device such as speech recognition, or better, dictate to an assistant. Hopefully one of these will allow your RSI to heal.
By the way, I would say that the number of posts to this forum is a measure of ones risk of developing RSI. With your 11341, Jeremy, it's no surprise.
Good that you acquired Fastmail.net. Are you going to make it available to all, or have some sort of hierarchy like with some of your other domains?

beq 22 Dec 2005 09:41 AM

I read some new article the other day about how some scientists now claim you don't get carpal tunnel syndrome from repetitive motion like using the computer. But you do get RSI :rolleyes:

So I guess they're saying RSI is not just the new synonomous name for carpal tunnel syndrome...

P.S. oysterquartz, were you involved in the transaction, just curious?

kchess79 22 Dec 2005 09:45 AM

Congratulations! Great addition :)

denverharless 22 Dec 2005 09:56 AM

Alright! I've been waiting for this. By coincidence, I actually was goofing around today and did a whois lookup on fastmail.net (haven't done that in a couple of years). Naturally, when I saw that Jeremy had picked it up, I came to the forum. This is great news.
Jeremy, best wishes on the RSI. Take care of yourself!

Sherry 22 Dec 2005 10:07 AM

Great addition. I love the .net but it's so sad that I don't have an available alias to use with it. :( :)

Sorry about your RSI again. I thought by now you were an expert at voice with Dragon or whatever you were using. Here I thought you've been using that all along? Or with all that's gone on you may have been coding... Anyway, mind the doctors this time. ;)

Sherry

Chipper 22 Dec 2005 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by William9
Jeremy, we want to hear from you so try an alternative input device such as speech recognition, or better, dictate to an assistant. Hopefully one of these will allow your RSI to heal.
I know that at one point, Jeremy had tried a product called Datahands. I also hope things improve for your RSI, Jeremy.

beq 23 Dec 2005 05:10 PM

Hi, just checking back to see when this domain will be available (as I'll have to edit my addresses and forwarding entries elsewhere). It doesn't seem to resolve yet on the messagingengine nameservers...

Best wishes to Jeremy et. al.

digp 23 Dec 2005 09:29 PM

resolving now, but not on list!

ankupan 23 Dec 2005 11:46 PM

this will be available for whom (which membership) ??

digp 23 Dec 2005 11:56 PM

enhanced only?

ankupan 24 Dec 2005 12:00 AM

Why not from "member" !!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally posted by digp
enhanced only?