EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   ivelope - a new web based email client (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=72255)

jeffpan 8 Nov 2016 09:23 AM

ivelope - a new web based email client

see this url for more details.

David 8 Nov 2016 01:08 PM

I am number 565 in line (for an invite) jeffpan; on the surface it looks very GMailish...

shenton 8 Nov 2016 01:51 PM

And I'm number 574!

Dutchie007 8 Nov 2016 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenton (Post 597795)
And I'm number 574!

#669 here....i can never resist a new fresh email account:-)

Looks nice...allthough I have a few questions about this service.

Were are the servers located??

How large is the storage?

Does the company scan my emails??

what about DKIM etc..etc features?

D

ccl1 9 Nov 2016 11:14 AM

looks nice. anyone know what the 'vip account' entails?

Berenburger 9 Nov 2016 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchie007 (Post 597797)
#669 here....i can never resist a new fresh email account:-)

Looks nice...allthough I have a few questions about this service.

Were are the servers located??

How large is the storage?

Does the company scan my emails??

what about DKIM etc..etc features?

D

I think it's an email client, not an email provider.

ivelope 14 Nov 2016 06:23 AM

Hello! I saw in the traffic logs traffic coming from this Forum, I'm here to answer all your questions about Ivelope :)

Firstly: this is an email client and not an email provider so server & hosting will be your current mail servers, whether it's Gmail, Outlook or a private mail server. We're right now considering making this into a native desktop application instead of a web-based solution, since a lot of users has brought up that they wanted this from a security standpoint. The VIP account will get you access to the beta sooner, get a pin in your application that says VIP, and also possibly get you access to new features sooner.

Also we're making an updated design with new icons and a more modern look, stay tuned for it to come out this week!

David 14 Nov 2016 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivelope (Post 597856)
Hello! I saw in the traffic logs traffic coming from this Forum, I'm here to answer all your questions about Ivelope :)

Firstly: this is an email client and not an email provider so server & hosting will be your current mail servers, whether it's Gmail, Outlook or a private mail server. We're right now considering making this into a native desktop application instead of a web-based solution, since a lot of users has brought up that they wanted this from a security standpoint. The VIP account will get you access to the beta sooner, get a pin in your application that says VIP, and also possibly get you access to new features sooner.

Also we're making an updated design with new icons and a more modern look, stay tuned for it to come out this week!

Welcome to the forums: you might want to contact Edwin, who is the group administrator, who will mark your id, to show you as the official representative of Ivelope.

ivelope 15 Nov 2016 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 597857)
Welcome to the forums: you might want to contact Edwin, who is the group administrator, who will mark your id, to show you as the official representative of Ivelope.

Hello David! Thank you for the heads-up I will send him Edwin a PM.

ccl1 18 Nov 2016 03:39 AM

this looks more geared towards business collaboration? I see new conversation, tasks, reminders and participants etc

ivelope 18 Nov 2016 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccl1 (Post 597879)
this looks more geared towards business collaboration? I see new conversation, tasks, reminders and participants etc

Hello! Yes that is true, it's more of an email application for work usage than a consumer email application.

Bamb0 19 Nov 2016 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
I am number 565 in line (for an invite) jeffpan; on the surface it looks very GMailish...

Yes well its probably MUCH MORE PRIVATE than gmail is! (Who reads everyones emails)

Dutchie007 19 Nov 2016 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamb0 (Post 597892)
Yes well its probably MUCH MORE PRIVATE than gmail is! (Who reads everyones emails)

May I remind you that NOT only Google is reading your emails?? I think also Yahoo/AOL and Outlook are doing this.

Dutchie

ivelope 23 Mar 2017 12:13 AM

Time flies, and I just wanted to let you guys know that the email client is almost ready. You can get an invite using the link at the top of this thread :)

ccl1 23 Mar 2017 12:14 AM

anyone else get an email about the beta? I had completely forgotten about them. It says I am number 886 in line :P

here is a screenshot of it
https://ivelope.com/img/coming-soon/full_final.png

I personally hope they offer other color/heavier contrast options. Not really a fan of the low contrast light grey next to ever-so-slightly darker grey, or very light grey next to white parts.