EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   FastMail Forum (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   New Beta Feature (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=77490)

mballas 4 Dec 2020 12:44 PM

New Beta Feature

The latest beta app permits users to change text sizes. That’s a huge improvement for those of us with impaired vision. The improvement is available on iphones and iPads. I don’t know if it’s available on Android devices.

The module that changes text size Is present on the first page of preferences.

Berenburger 4 Dec 2020 06:11 PM

Contextual sidebar

Also on beta a contextual sidebar.
Quote:

A new right-hand sidebar gives you access to the info you need without having to leave the mail app. First up, your full calendar. More coming soon.

Fenman 4 Dec 2020 06:25 PM

I'm loving the calendar sidebar. Goodbye Google calendar forever. :)

odedp 15 Dec 2020 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mballas (Post 618262)
The latest beta app permits users to change text sizes. That’s a huge improvement for those of us with impaired vision. The improvement is available on iphones and iPads. I don’t know if it’s available on Android devices.

The module that changes text size Is present on the first page of preferences.

I use Fastmail on my Android phone.
Several days ago text size suddenly became huge (without me changing anything...)
So I defined text size as "small" under "preferences", but it's still too big, bigger than it used to be one week ago... :mad:

TenFour 15 Dec 2020 08:08 PM

Not sure if text size is in beta since I have it on my Android phone, though I didn't know it was there in Preferences. I just adjusted the text size to large and it helps to make it readable. I wish there was a way to adjust the colors to be more intense. When the calendar goes into dark mode at night it becomes really hard to distinguish the various very feint shades of colors. A cool feature I would like would also be to highlight with color different pinned items in the Inbox. For example, I might use red for really important things like bills or a train departure, while I might use blue for a birthday reminder. Etc.

odedp 15 Dec 2020 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenFour (Post 618444)
I just adjusted the text size to large and it helps to make it readable. I wish there was a way to adjust the colors to be more intense..

After adjusting the text size to large, can you still see The icons at the bottom of the screen "Mail", "Contacts", "Calendar" etc?
I cann see these icons only when text is adjusted to small...

TenFour 15 Dec 2020 08:20 PM

Yes, I can see the navigation icons at the bottom of the screen even when the text is set to large. Pixel 4a phone.

odedp 15 Dec 2020 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenFour (Post 618446)
Yes, I can see the navigation icons at the bottom of the screen even when the text is set to large. Pixel 4a phone.

I guess I'll have to contact support.
Like I've said before until last week everything worked flawlessly for me...

TenFour 15 Dec 2020 08:44 PM

I wonder if there is a conflict with your phone's settings? If you go to Settings/Display/Font size do you have it set to "default." That's how I have mine set.

odedp 15 Dec 2020 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenFour (Post 618449)
I wonder if there is a conflict with your phone's settings? If you go to Settings/Display/Font size do you have it set to "default." That's how I have mine set.

No, font is set to XL.
But it was so since day 1.
All other applications display text exactly like I need it.
For the last 7 days Fastmail's text (set to "small") is much bigger than any other text in any application I have on this phone...

TenFour 15 Dec 2020 09:50 PM

I have found on Android that setting the phone font to other than default breaks a significant number of sites and apps that are just web wrappers, which I believe the Fastmail one is.

gardenweed 15 Dec 2020 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odedp (Post 618442)
I use Fastmail on my Android phone.
Several days ago text size suddenly became huge (without me changing anything...)
So I defined text size as "small" under "preferences", but it's still too big, bigger than it used to be one week ago... :mad:

This just happened to me today as well. No changes were made by me to font sizing. Suddenly Fastmail font is larger and the icons at the bottom of the screen don't fit.
I had to go into the Android settings and reduce the font size down one notch to fix it - a setting page I've never looked at before.
Samsung S20

ChinaLamb 10 Jan 2021 01:27 AM

Beta Fastmail on Windows

I do not see any sidebar on the calendar....

How do I access this??

Fenman 10 Jan 2021 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChinaLamb (Post 618752)
Beta Fastmail on Windows

I do not see any sidebar on the calendar....

How do I access this??

The sidebar occurs on the Mail page. Go to the main Mail page and you should see a 'hamburger' link at the top right of the screen. It toggles the calendar in a sidebar.

mballas 10 Jan 2021 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenman (Post 618755)
The sidebar occurs on the Mail page. Go to the main Mail page and you should see a 'hamburger' link at the top right of the screen. It toggles the calendar in a sidebar.

Is it working for you on a phone or only on a tablet?