EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   Email Help Needed! (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   my big list of free email services (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=70142)

gilbahat 8 Feb 2015 11:38 PM

my big list of free email services - help me grow the list

Hi Everyone,

I am on a quest to sign up for as many free mail providers as possible - worldwide. not counting duplicates provided by everyone.net and mail2world, I currently have about 40 distinct providers I can list. any more additions to the list are welcome.
some of these required me to manually copy CJK characters to pass a CJK captcha :D

I need your help to add more to the list or help me fill in on the missing ones (see end of list)

here's my current list that I managed to sign up for:

gmail
hotmail
yahoo
aol
icloud
mail.com
citromail.hu
walla.com
abv.bg
freemail.hu
interia.pl
wp.pl
rediffmail.com
ukr.net
naver.com
nate.com
daum.net
onet.pl
o2.pl
sapo.pt
mail.ru
yandex.ru
uni.de
bigmail.ro(*) - incoming MX broken, can't receive mail there
centrum.cz
e1.ru
bigmir.net
luukku.com
meta.ua
mynet.com
net.hr
ngs.ru
unseen.is
excite.com
freenet.de
iol.pt
suomi24.fi
latinmail.com
ciudad.com.ar
vfemail.net
mail2world.com
i.ua
qq.com
163.com
virgilio.it
sina.com
everyone.net
juno.com
posta.ge
seznam.cz
spaces.ru

A few I failed to sign up for, but might be working
infinito.it (need italian sponsor)
libero.it (as above)
azet.sk (slovakian sponsor needed)
box.az (azerbaijani sponsor needed)
narod.co.il (registration fails for unclear reason)
webmail.co.za (registration fails)
godmail.dk (need local # in denmark to register)
laposte.net (need french sponsor)
gmx.de (needs german sponsor)

any additions to the list would be most welcome!

G

Tsunami 22 Feb 2015 11:25 AM

What do you mean exactly with a "sponsor" needed?

Some additions you haven't mentioned yet:

inbox.lv
spray.se
safe-mail.net
mail.be (same company as ContactOffice to my knowledge)
mail.su (could also be email.su, not sure by heart)
mail.ir (could also have become email.ir, not sure by heart)
mail.by
terra.es
web.de
zoho.com
t-online.de (used to be available also for non-customers of the ISP)
ice.is

Sorry if there is a wide list of countries randomly listed, just gave you some services that popped in my mind that you hadn't listed as yet.

PS1: some services that provide free subdomain/URL redirections claim to also offer webmail. Eg .de.vu if I'm not mistaken. The problem why I am wary of listing anything of these is that those services change TOS regularly, and that I'm not sure if that webmail isn't just using the servers of a webmail provider that you already tested (eg Everyone.net)

PS2: if you have any specific good or bad comments on any of those services, please keep us updated :)

cmaxx 3 Mar 2015 10:38 AM

tutanota.de
autistici.org
protonmail.ch

somdcomputerguy 3 Mar 2015 06:11 PM

Quote:

What do you mean exactly with a "sponsor" needed?
Probably means an 'invite email' from a current user of that service. Like Gmail used to be when it started.

- bruce

randian 3 Mar 2015 09:12 PM

I'm not seeing any free accounts at everyone.net

communicant 4 Mar 2015 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somdcomputerguy (Post 582190)
[a 'sponsor'] probably means an 'invite email' from a current user of that service. Like Gmail used to be when it started. - bruce

I don't know of any providers who restrict registrations to a certain geographic area but permit users to issue invitations for accounts to others outside that area.

More likely, the mention of a 'sponsor' refers to the informal practice of getting in contact with a user who has the appropriate IP and is willing to open an account for someone outside the geographic area. Person A specifies the desired username and Person B opens the account from a permitted IP and hands off the account to Person A, who then changes the password. Even though Person B now has no access to the account and nothing further to do with it, the account is never formally transferred and the service does not necessarily know that the account is being used by a different person. Sometimes someone will offer to do that here on EMD, when a thread happens to mention that a provider under discussion will only permit registrations from a particular country. The practice is harmless enough, but it does have a few potential drawbacks and should probably not be done too often.

somdcomputerguy 4 Mar 2015 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by communicant (Post 582203)
More likely, the mention of a 'sponsor' refers to the informal practice of getting in contact with a user who has the appropriate IP and is willing to open an account for someone outside the geographic area.

That does sound more likely.

-bruce

Tsunami 4 Mar 2015 08:55 AM

Some nice domains in there.

net.hu
i.ua
uni.de
163.com
juno.com

I wish the opening poster would give some feedback, even if only mentioning the "avoid at all costs" or "highly recommended" ones (because obviously it must be quite an exhausting labour to give comments on each and every service tried)

PS: if box.az fails, there is still mail.az
PSS: narod.co.il ? Is this related to narod.ru ?
PSSS: if the Slovakian one fails, there's alternatives there. Isn't InMail Slovak?

Tsunami 7 Mar 2015 09:29 PM

www.inmail.sk : l here is your alternative when it comes to Slovak emails.

In Czech Republic, atlas.cz is another free one, although I heard a lot of negative comments about them. However, since the OP wants to try every free email provider he can find ...
I'm curious though if he has any advise to share about all those services he has tried? :confused:

Tsunami 7 Mar 2015 11:54 PM

Why not?

I have proposed a similar project before where all willing-to-participate EMD members could be assigned 3 or 4 providers they have to test for a few weeks, then share their impressions. This way we could make a true list of free providers with reliable comments by the EMD members. Imagine we talk about 50 providers or so, this would require only 10 or 15 members to participate and each test 4 or 5 providers for a couple of weeks. It would lead to a very useful database.

But hey, if this guy wants to make the efford all by himself... Kudos to him. But it'd be nice to see which services he likes enough to actually recommend them.

Tsunami 8 Mar 2015 12:13 AM

I hope it's in order to test them, and have an overview of which providers are suitable to use for daily communication. But if that is the reason, I do hope we eventually will be given feedback about the best and worst providers the OP has experienced. I'd find it a great project, however I find it odd we haven't seen any feedback yet of any of the services he tried (although given the large number of services to test, it would make sense that it takes a long while to have tested them enough to give proper comments on each of them?)

Tsunami 8 Mar 2015 12:17 AM

Something I was curious about (curiosity, nothing more) is if it were possible to find an email service in each country (which means at least 1 service per ccTLD, or at least 1 email service based in each country regardless of extention -- eg a .com extention with its servers in Ghana would count as a Ghanese service)

I guess though to test this, would be pointless as some ccTLDs belong to uninhabited places (eg .bv from Bouvet Island, .gs for South Georgia Islands), some ccTLDs are virtually unused (eg .va unused except for a very few Vatican-run sites) and in some countries internet is totally undevelopped (I assume no mail service would exist in the domains such as .kp, .iq or .nr)

A list of all free mail providers regardless of location would be realistic to create, and interesting IMHO. But it will require time and dedication to realise such project, unless the list of providers-to-test is divided across several people that each try their own part of the list.

janusz 8 Mar 2015 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsunami (Post 582371)
I assume no mail service would exist in [...] .nr

http://www.cenpac.net.nr/squirrelmail/src/login.php.

Dutchie007 10 Mar 2015 12:01 AM

Might I add

email.su

to the list?? One of the verz rare tld from the former Sovjet Union.

Allthough this domain soon will be from Zandex.

D

Tsunami 10 Mar 2015 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchie007 (Post 582415)
Might I add

email.su

to the list?? One of the verz rare tld from the former Sovjet Union.

Allthough this domain soon will be from Zandex.

D

You mean Yandex?

Email.su was part of another Russian email service provider with several domains to choose from, including email.su.