EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   FastMail Forum (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Email notifications in the forum (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=73742)

jenniferbutler8 9 May 2018 04:46 PM

Email notifications in the forum

Email notifications have now been added to forum posts. If you reply to a forum post, you will now automatically receive email notifications for replies to that forum post.

If you wish to stop emails from a specific thread, you can click the 'unfollow' button on a given thread. But note that by clicking this button, you will not see the thread in your tracker anymore. So if you want to see the thread in your tracker, but not receive emails, you will have to wait until the above issue is acted upon by the Drupal Association. At the moment, it's all-or-nothing; tracker and email, or no tracker and no email.

Thanks for the Association for moving forward on this issue, as it's been needed for about a decade now.

Terry 10 May 2018 04:32 PM

Who is Drupal Association is Edwin still the owner, why I ask the domain registration had run out a few weeks ago so did someone else grab it.

Berenburger 11 May 2018 07:53 AM

Reported this post. Looks suspicious to me. First time poster, posted in the wrong forum and I have no clue what she’s talking about.

Jacinto 14 May 2018 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry (Post 606506)
Who is Drupal Association . . .

https://www.drupal.org/association/about

Jacinto 14 May 2018 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berenburger (Post 606517)
Reported this post. Looks suspicious to me. First time poster, posted in the wrong forum and I have no clue what she’s talking about.

Agree that it looks suspicious, yet what the OP said is factual.

Perhaps a new type of factual Spam?

If it isn't Spam, let the OP explain the purpose of her post.

FredOnline 15 May 2018 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berenburger (Post 606517)

I also reported the post as soon as it appeared, and as you say, I could also see no point to the post at all.

We have had instances here on the forum where someone has asked a question, which on the surface looked quite reasonable, until some of our more eagle eyed veterans have answered by posting a link to the exact same question (same sentences/phrasing/words etc) asked by someone else on the forum, weeks, months or even years ago.

I don't know what is hoped to be accomplished by this spam, I only have to hope that the mods remove the posts.

Otherwise, what is the point of reporting posts to try to keep the forum clear of spam, if the reports are not acknowledged or acted upon?

Jacinto 15 May 2018 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredOnline (Post 606557)
. . .

Otherwise, what is the point of reporting posts to try to keep the forum clear of spam, if the reports are not acknowledged or acted upon?

Hello, Fred.

A more fundamental and existential question would be whether this Forum is any longer being moderated or has it been left on auto-pilot until it crashes and burns.

--
Jacinto

ReuvenNY 15 May 2018 07:24 AM

Moderator's Comment

The forum is moderated and the spammer in the making is banned.

Berenburger 15 May 2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacinto (Post 606558)
A more fundamental and existential question would be whether this Forum is any longer being moderated or has it been left on auto-pilot until it crashes and burns.

When I report a message, generally the post/poster quickly disappeared afterwards.

Jacinto 16 May 2018 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReuvenNY (Post 606559)
The forum is moderated and the spammer in the making is banned.

That is good to hear.

Thank you kindly.
__
Jacinto