EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   The Off-Topic Lounge (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Favorite Movie Scenes (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=46430)

Chipper 15 Nov 2006 11:24 PM

Favorite Movie Scenes

Well, we've certainly run the gamut of "favorite things" in the OTL -- movies, TV shows, quotes, lines from songs, RSS feeds, even "your favorite accent." So... in this sprit, perhaps we could have a thread about favorite movie scenes -- particularly the ones that you love to rewind over and over.

Tommy Boy -- When the deer wakes up and totally destroys David Spade's car

Rat Race -- When John Lovitz is at the World War II Veterans thing looking like Hitler.

Young Frankenstein -- "My grandfather's work was doo doo.

Ferris Bueller -- Jeannie kicking Ed Rooney

My Cousin Vinny -- Walking into the courtroom in the ridiculous suit because his good suit got muddy.

High Anxiety -- The Airport Scene with Mel Brooks and Madeline Kahn as a crotchety old couple

Naked Gun -- When Leslie Nielsen butchers the Star Spangled Banner (aside: Not because he's mocking my country's national anthem but how horrendous his rendition is)

Dumb and Dumber -- When Jeff Daniels had digestive trouble

Pee Wee Herman's Big Adventure -- Large Marge

hadaso 16 Nov 2006 03:42 PM

The Life of Brian:
- "you are all individuals!"
- "I'm not!"

theog 16 Nov 2006 04:22 PM

Dukes of Hazard... when the car went flying through the air.

xmailer 17 Nov 2006 04:00 AM

I don't watch many movies anymore, so the only two which come immediately to mind are:

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." (Guess ;) )

and

"If that's the way you feel about it, then that's the way you feel about it." (Carnal Knowledge)

Okay, I guess that's dialog, not "scenes", so perhaps that should be a different thread?

The Storm 19 Nov 2006 02:16 PM

The end of Donnie Darko. It was just such a huge twist, well I still find it a bit confusing - you get that in a movie about time travel!

Whoopi Goldberg becoming a nun in Sister Act, I haven't seen that movie in years, but it used to be very funny :)

robert@fm 24 Nov 2006 06:57 AM

The TMA-2 sequence (aka "Beyond the Infinite", aka "The Ultimate Trip") from 2001. :)

Bamb0 5 May 2020 11:11 PM

The car chase in BULLIT (1967) is probably one of my favourites.....

Hmmmmm I have alot of favourite scenes in many movies..........

evfrson 6 May 2020 06:10 PM

When the tanker truck went over the cliff in Duel (1971).

Tsunami 17 May 2020 12:44 AM

This scene in the end of "Mozart and the Whale" never fails to move me.

The film is about the romance between two persons with Asperger Syndrome, who are part of a larger social group for people with AS. The characters are all brilliant, showing the wide diversity of people within the spectrum, as each character in the film has different "autism traits". The actors did an amazing job in portraying it all so well.

As someone with Asperger myself, this film was very touching but also giving a very good insight inside the spectrum to any outsider interested in it.

renieop 23 May 2020 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsunami (Post 616207)
This scene in the end of "Mozart and the Whale" never fails to move me.

The film is about the romance between two persons with Asperger Syndrome, who are part of a larger social group for people with AS. The characters are all brilliant, showing the wide diversity of people within the spectrum, as each character in the film has different "autism traits". The actors did an amazing job in portraying it all so well.

As someone with Asperger myself, this film was very touching but also giving a very good insight inside the spectrum to any outsider interested in it.

Pretty cool and awesome.

FredOnline 23 May 2020 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renieop (Post 616420)
Pretty cool and awesome.

Pretty cool and awesome appears to be the new prelude to spam! :rolleyes:

mikimuse 22 Sep 2020 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsunami (Post 616207)
This scene png to ico in the end of "Mozart and the Whale" never fails to move me.

I'm not a big Josh Hartnett fan but he is absolutely genius in this movie. This scene alone was so heartfelt it makes me sick. I'm a guy but even I recognize how adorable they are 2gether.

Gankaku 14 Oct 2020 10:12 AM

Oh this is an old thread but I have a couple of favorite ones.

My first favorite since forever is the opening scene of "Sound of Music" where Maria is up on top of the mountains, running, twirling, singing. I just could watch it a million times and live there.

But in recent years - you guys don't know this :D .... I started getting into Westerns. The one that got me good was "The Good The Bad and the Ugly". There are so many good scenes. But my favorite one is when my favorite character Tuco, goes into the graveyard and starts running, looking for the grave. The music and the spinning of the camera and fast searching of the gravestones - it's amazing and I've never seen anything done like that. It's just a whirlwind and grasps me every time.

Gankaku 14 Oct 2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chipper (Post 399282)
Ferris Bueller -- Jeannie kicking Ed Rooney

Omigosh hahahahaha wasn't that funny