EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   Runbox Forum (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Runbox CalDav experience (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=72164)

filbert 29 Sep 2016 06:02 PM

Runbox CalDav experience

There was another thread that purports to about this but it got hijacked and became all about something else....

I'm interested in how well it works. I currently use Memotoo for CalDAV (and CardDAV). I sync with the calendar on my Mac and three android devices (using Marten Gajda's CalDAV addin).

I find that Memotoo works pretty well and there is support for just about any device you can think of plus a reasonably usable web interface. However, I do lose events occasionally and I suspect that it's some sort of conflict that arises with all the devices I am using. I do try to make most changes via the Mac - but they don't always get uploaded.

I can manage without the web interface, if everything works as it should.

What do folks who are using Runbox CalDAV find in everyday use?

Thanks

mekitron 1 Oct 2016 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by filbert (Post 597265)
What do folks who are using it find in everyday use?

I am using BlackBerry CalDav and Thunderbird Lightning to access Runbox calendar. My primary device is BlackBerry, and there is no such issue with upload. I think, your events are missed due to some sort of "down time" as the calendar is beta version yet. I don't use beta web-interface at all.

The issue you are facing needs to be discussed with Runbox directly. It is better to open a support ticket and post the solution back here. :)

Regards,
Mek

filbert 1 Oct 2016 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mekitron (Post 597273)
The issue you are facing needs to be discussed with Runbox directly. It is better to open a support ticket and post the solution back here. :)

Sorry, didn't make it clear, I haven't tried the Runbox Caldav yet. The sync issues I have are with Memotoo. I've edited my post to try to make that clearer.
Thanks for the response, anyway.

smithmb001 1 Oct 2016 02:27 AM

I don't know, without a front end, I think this is a very poor implementation that fits the needs of a small number of RunBox customers.

filbert 1 Oct 2016 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithmb001 (Post 597276)
I don't know, without a front end, I think this is a very poor implementation that fits the needs of a small number of RunBox customers.

Personally, I don't see the lack of a front end as a major issue. It's analogous to IMAP, lots of people use a mail client but some want webmail - either instead or as well.

I generally use a CalDAV client on my laptop/tablet, etc, and the only time I want a web based client is for troubleshooting - if there weren't any problems, I probably would only use it if I didn't have my phone/laptop or other device available, ie hardly ever.

smithmb001 2 Oct 2016 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by filbert (Post 597279)
Personally, I don't see the lack of a front end as a major issue. It's analogous to IMAP, lots of people use a mail client but some want webmail - either instead or as well.

We will have to agree to disagree - mostly. CalDav is OK for someone like yourself, but for the average customer this is a poor implementation that offers no value-add to their current services. The good news, in 2-3 years, there may be a web front end for the calendaring service.

Also, just because I am slamming their implementation of CalDav does not mean I am not happy with RunBox. I am very happy with the core product (email).