EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   New email service OnMail (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=76271)

floatinghermit 27 Jan 2022 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janusz (Post 624403)
Is this good, or bad, or indifferent?

I think it's good. I actually want them to be successful even if they have to do a lot of analytics to make it work. Email needs some new life, and maybe this is it. I don't want to be in a world where gmail is the practically only player in the game that folks not in this forum use.

Csin 8 Feb 2022 12:14 PM

I have opened an account to trial. If it tests well it will replace my privacy invasive yahoo address. Couldn't figure out how to add 'miscellany' or 'archive' to the choices of where to store read email...otherwise it looks fairly simple. Thanks for mentioning it.

truemagic 11 May 2023 01:02 PM

Have to bring this up again.

As I started to redirect my newsletters to OnMail, I appreacite they have the "Gallery" view or they called it a Preview mode that I can view all my newsletters easily, much like The Feed from Hey.

Still have not decided to use it as my primary email, because it's looks too simplistic as an email service, such as the lack of export/import emails from external source and an alias service. Also there's no update since April 23, 2022, that's when I got their last email titled "Have a minute to share your thoughts? We'd love your feedback".

Anyone still actively using this provider? What's your thoughts?

jeffpan 11 May 2023 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truemagic (Post 629190)

Anyone still actively using this provider? What's your thoughts?

their imap fetcher is pretty good. I doubt they could last for long time though.
while the mobile app "Adison Mail" behind this company is a nice one.

truemagic 11 May 2023 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffpan (Post 629191)
their imap fetcher is pretty good. I doubt they could last for long time though.
while the mobile app "Adison Mail" behind this company is a nice one.

I also have a feeling this won't last long, nevertheless I really like the simplicity. Hopefully more people know about this provider.

jeffpan 11 May 2023 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truemagic (Post 629192)
I also have a feeling this won't last long, nevertheless I really like the simplicity. Hopefully more people know about this provider.

Same feeling for @PrivateMail.com, a nice domain name without further development.

truemagic 11 May 2023 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffpan (Post 629193)
Same feeling for @PrivateMail.com, a nice domain name without further development.

Copyright © 2022 Private-Mail All rights reserved.

Probably this can tell when it was last getting attention ;)

Bamb0 12 May 2023 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenFour
Interesting idea to have the ability to make it so that you can choose who you want to receive email from.....
I think most email platforms let ya make a list of addresses YOU ONLY WANT EMAIL FROM.....

emebrs 14 May 2023 01:37 AM

Has anyone noticed any changes to the product in the eighteen months since the Yipit deal?
Edit: I see the Apple mobile app has been revised multiple times this year.

TenFour 6 Oct 2023 08:15 PM

The Android app was last updated in September 2023, so apparently there is some development going on. Though when I look at the web interface there is hardly any change.

emebrs 7 Oct 2023 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatinghermit (Post 624529)
Funnily, I'm planning to only use this for service sign ups and such in the hope that it'll somehow help me to actually see important emails. Let's see how that goes!

It is funnily. Almost two years later, any updates to share? Are you liking it?

truemagic 16 Nov 2023 01:49 PM

On free tier they let you import 3 IMAP accounts and even allows you to send as external email account. Not many free emails are doing this! :cool:

emebrs 18 Nov 2023 04:19 AM

Just curious: Have you actually tried sending this way?

Quote:

Originally Posted by truemagic (Post 631787)
and even allows you to send as external email account