EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What email services do you use (2021 edition)? (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=78672)

TenFour 17 Sep 2021 07:19 PM

Quote:

Strange that there are so many gmail users,
Best spam filters, perfect deliverability (nobody blocks Gmail), tremendous security, a great ecosystem of services, decent storage and free. It's not surprising that many use Gmail since they're the biggest free email provider in the world! Worried about targeted ads? Don't interact with them. I hardly even look at the ads. Use ad blockers. Here's a good article about the supposed "privacy" issue: https://www.computerworld.com/articl...questions.html

Berenburger 17 Sep 2021 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mechanic (Post 622461)
Strange that there are so many gmail users, when gmail is not even listed in the https://prxbx.com/email/ list - it's definitely not recommended. And using Australian based companies - don't these people read the newspapers?

That list is a little outdated.

mechanic 18 Sep 2021 12:32 AM

Outdated, maybe, but did Google suddenly turn altruistic sometime in the last couple of years? Have they suddenly taken the customer's privacy to heart? I don't think so!

Bamb0 18 Sep 2021 11:36 AM

I use 2 right now

1) 19903.xyz/squirrelmail - THANK YOU JEFF :)
2) www.safe-mail.net/login

alexu2007 17 Nov 2021 06:41 PM

1. Protonmail (old paid email account with 18 Gb disk space - with my domain)
2. Infomaniak (paid email account - with my domain)
3. Inbox.eu (paid email account - with my domain)

Providers I no longer use:

1. Fastmail (even if I paid in advance for 2 more years)
2. Tutanota (too much downtime)
3. Tuffmail (closed business)

jdtaylor 18 Nov 2021 07:38 PM

Blue home.net is no longer an email service.

chrisretusn 19 Nov 2021 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdtaylor (Post 623465)
Blue home.net is no longer an email service.

It is? I am still using it. I regularly receive and send messages from that account. Just logged in to my account.

Bob D 19 Nov 2021 10:57 PM

Primary: EuMX
Secondary: Fastmail

somdcomputerguy 20 Nov 2021 01:07 AM

Fastmail (webmail & client)
my webhost's email (webmail & client)
ProtonMail (webmail)
my ISP's email (webmail & client)

I don't always access the emails thru their webmail interface and a client (interlink ATM, and probably for good) during the same 'computer session', but sometimes I do.

I also use Spamgourmet. I don't consider it to be or use it as a DEA service, but rather a forwarding service with its' own filter engine.

- Bruce

Berenburger 20 Nov 2021 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob D (Post 623501)
Primary: EuMX

You are a stayer. ;)

trikotret 21 Nov 2021 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexu2007 (Post 623440)
1. Protonmail (old paid email account with 18 Gb disk space - with my domain)
2. Infomaniak (paid email account - with my domain)
3. Inbox.eu (paid email account - with my domain)

Providers I no longer use:

1. Fastmail (even if I paid in advance for 2 more years)
2. Tutanota (too much downtime)
3. Tuffmail (closed business)

what you think about inbox.eu? Is it reliable for domain use? Also why is so cheap since?

soromak 21 Nov 2021 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berenburger (Post 623511)
You are a stayer. ;)

My wife has EuMX as a primary service for years. Works like a charm. I am a litlle bit back and forth between EuMX legacy, Office 365 and EuMX platform based on SoGo.
All good! :)

alexu2007 21 Nov 2021 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikotret (Post 623527)
what you think about inbox.eu? Is it reliable for domain use? Also why is so cheap since?

It is reliable, there was no downtime since I started using their service and no lost emails. The only problem is that the webmail is somehow oldish. You can test it at inbox.lv where you can get a free account. The webmail is the same.

The company behind inbox.eu runs also the free email service inbox.lv since 2001. I think that inbox.eu is the same service without advertising and with more features like having the posibility to use your own domain.

They are cheap, but there is a catch: the price is paid for every email acount. If you create an email account like john@yourdomain.com you will pay for it for an year. If you decide that you no longer need john@yourdomain.com and you want john.smith@yourdomain.com, the moment that you delete john@yourdomain.com the subscription is gone and you will need to pay again for john.smith@yourdomain.com

You can also have aliases but at this moment you can't send emails from the aliases, that's why if you want to send form john.smith@yourdomain.com you have to create a new email account and pay for it.

emoore 22 Nov 2021 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikotret (Post 623527)

I've been using a personal account at inbox.eu (no custom domain) with the Thunderbird email client for almost a year. Works very well.

However, most email providers seem to automatically flag mail sent from there as spam despite SpamAssassin giving it a perfect score and it not being on any of the blacklists that https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx checks , because they get so little email from that email provider. So I'm not going to renew despite it being a bargain.

webecedarian 22 Nov 2021 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trussrod (Post 621388)
I read this forum and lots of times I wonder what each user has as their "main" email service.

So, I'll start:
  1. Purelymail
  2. Outlook (free)
  3. OnMail (free)
  4. ProtonMail (free)
  5. Tutanota (free)

It occurs to me that these threads would be much more useful if you mentioned why you use them, or what you like/dislike about them, which would help others decide if they'd like to try them.