EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   no phone - free email (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=79929)

nosim 15 Feb 2024 06:22 AM

no phone - free email

Most email services require phone verification. Is there a list of email services which are:
- free to register and use;
- not from a big corporation (think google, yahoo, etc.);
- not based in the Schengen zone;
- not based in Russia or China;
- not requiring phone verification on signup?

Which ones would be you happy using?

jeffpan 15 Feb 2024 08:56 AM

protonMail is maybe matching your requirement.

janusz 15 Feb 2024 04:12 PM

ProtonMail is based in Switzerland, which is in the Schengen zone, though not in the EU.

nosim 15 Feb 2024 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janusz (Post 633052)
ProtonMail is based in Switzerland, which is in the Schengen zone, though not in the EU.

Finding myself missing emoticons. Thumbs up! Proton does not fit.

janusz 15 Feb 2024 10:10 PM

Will you tell us what's wrong with the Schengen zone as far as email is concerned?

nosim 16 Feb 2024 05:18 AM

Schengen includes Switzerland, the Council of Europe, the SIS-II system … automatic and blind execution of orders, and EU anti-SLAPP being a joke.

Long story short, ideology and freedom of expression :D

"Most people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed" - Friedrich Nietzsche

I don't want to be assimilated to Russia or China. And I have a problem with the big ones making billions from everyone's data profiling.

I don't mind the US, Canada, and others. People use TOR, TAILS, Signal, PGP, ... which are coming from there. I'm not looking for a privacy service per se (I think privacy does not exist online), more like my own political statement email. As I said, ideology :p Sticky middle finger to the European continent. Though cock.li would be pushing it too far.

- free to register and use;
- not from a big corporation (think google, yahoo, etc.);
- not based in the Schengen zone;
- not based in Russia or China;
- not requiring phone verification on signup

I'm sure there are tons? :confused:

babybat 19 Feb 2024 05:16 AM

guess you can create Gmail without phone number if you chose location as Lebanon ...try it

nosim 20 Feb 2024 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babybat (Post 633126)
guess you can create Gmail without phone number if you chose location as Lebanon ...try it

Thanks babybat, at least that's a suggestion ;)
Though I would not like gmail (one of the big companies).

I'm actually flabbergasted there would not be such a service. Been searching, obviously in the wrong places. Can anyone share some free services without phone verification in like North or South America?

somdcomputerguy 20 Feb 2024 08:49 PM

This may help.
free email no phone at DuckDuckGo

- Bruce

nosim 27 Feb 2024 11:42 PM

Really struggling to find anything corresponding to the specs.

I know from times immemorial on EMD some of you keep big lists of email providers. Would anyone care to help me isolate a good provider? Thanks!

dryoldlime 28 Feb 2024 01:49 PM

GMail (maybe once only or no longer possible); Proton Mail; OnMail? I am unsure. I will try to recheck this on their site.

Proton Mail for sure!

GMail did allow a person to use a mobile device to setup Google account (which includes GMail service) and skip the giving of a mobile number. I do not know if still is allowed.

hadaso 28 Feb 2024 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dryoldlime (Post 633332)
GMail did allow a person to use a mobile device to setup Google account (which includes GMail service) and skip the giving of a mobile number. I do not know if still is allowed.

If a Google account controls your phone then they probably can get the number from the SIM (and any new number if you replace the SIM) and anyway they always know where you are and what you do, as long as the Google account is active on that phone (even if location services are off they can probably figure out where you are from routing information).

webecedarian 12 Mar 2024 09:03 AM

Ah, this is my constant quest.

TenFour 15 Mar 2024 09:16 PM

Just get a temporary phone number and then cancel it after the service is set up, but be prepared to get locked out eventually when they try to send a security code to your phone number.

nosim 16 Mar 2024 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenFour (Post 633673)
Just get a temporary phone number and then cancel it after the service is set up, but be prepared to get locked out eventually when they try to send a security code to your phone number.

See, that's exactly why the whole phone verification is flawed... Travelers, people in area's without cell reception, ... and obviously tracking is part of it too.