EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   Runbox Forum (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   slow login (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=30865)

skidpl8 23 Dec 2004 07:41 AM

slow login

The login has been quite slow. It is taking over 30 seconds to login. can you look into this please.

Geir 23 Dec 2004 08:46 AM

Are you using the secure (SSL) login? An encrypted connection might be somewhat slower than the regular one.

Login time will also depend on the number of messages to be displayed in your Inbox, but it shouldn't really be noticeable (anymore).

If it's consistent and unique to the Runbox login we can take a look at your account, provided your username.

- Geir

skidpl8 23 Dec 2004 11:04 PM

I am not using ssl, it is still slow today. the username is focus

Geir 24 Dec 2004 04:36 AM

Hmm. I find nothing implying that login should be slow, and we have no other complaints to that effect currently.

Is the service responsive otherwise?

- Geir

Gnome 28 Dec 2004 12:39 AM

Hi Geir,

My web SSL logins have been getting progressively slower over the last couple of weeks. I just figured it had to do with the additional features you've been adding lately.

It hasn't been painful, but it is noticeable.

Joe

skidpl8 29 Dec 2004 12:36 AM

still slow. takes a good 20-30 seconds somtimes a couple of minutes. disappointing.

Geir 29 Dec 2004 02:11 AM

Login (without SSL) is still quick here (with several thousand messages), and I'm still wondering whether the service is responsive for you otherwise.

- Geir

Gnome 29 Dec 2004 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Geir
Login (without SSL) is still quick here (with several thousand messages), and I'm still wondering whether the service is responsive for you otherwise.

- Geir

I'll try non-SSL after work tonight. Otherwise, the entire session is sluggish while secure.

skidpl8 3 Jan 2005 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Geir

- Geir

Still very long to respond, over two minutes just now when i checked.

skidpl8 3 Jan 2005 11:48 AM

Here is result of last login:

Error reading from network

Cause: Eudora got tired of waiting for the server. (10100)

10:48:30 PM on January 2

jbonet 4 Jan 2005 01:17 AM

I'm having the same problem, with both Eudora and MailWasher. Eudora fetches from the Inbox, MW fetches from my SPAM folder.

Runbox POP3 has always been slower than the other POP3 accounts I fetch from, but the last few days it has been so slow that Eudora and MW time out.

Liz Taraldsen suggested using the secure SSL POP3 server secure.runbox.com with port 995. That doesn't seem to help.

I haven't figured out how to set up Eudora to use the secure POP3 server, but doubt that would help.

goofy 4 Jan 2005 01:37 AM

I don't have access to any server connection, actually :(

Gnome 4 Jan 2005 01:40 AM

I'm getting timed out as well.

skidpl8 4 Jan 2005 01:41 AM

You are slowly but surely becomming the most unreliable email service I have ever used:

Error reading from network

Cause: Connection closed by foreign host. (0)

jbonet 5 Jan 2005 11:35 PM

skidpl8:

Could you please be more specific? Exactly what problems have you found lately?

Since Monday evening, POP3 access is working fine.