EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   FastMail Forum (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   New FastMail Plans & Pricing (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=72032)

pjwalsh 18 Aug 2016 01:24 PM

New FastMail Plans & Pricing

https://www.fastmail.com/pricing/

Blog announcement

rnkn 18 Aug 2016 01:29 PM

Anyone know how the new storage quota balances between mail and files?

pjwalsh 18 Aug 2016 01:31 PM

$30 Basic - 2 GB mail + 1 GB files

$50 Standard - 25 + 10 GB

$90 Professional - 100 + 50 GB

Account limits
Pricing page

--
legacy plans

neilj 18 Aug 2016 01:32 PM

File storage is in addition to those quotas (we don't put it on the pricing page because it confuses a lot of new users who think it might be for attachments or something). All limits detailed here: https://www.fastmail.com/help/account/limits.html

rnkn 18 Aug 2016 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilj (Post 596063)
File storage is in addition to those quotas (we don't put it on the pricing page because it confuses a lot of new users who think it might be for attachments or something). All limits detailed here: https://www.fastmail.com/help/account/limits.html

Thanks Neil. I think you're selling yourselves short not having something on the pricing table about FastMail's file storage — it's the best file storage I've ever used.

David 18 Aug 2016 02:06 PM

Currently I have a 'Full' account (at $20 a year) The minimum price (when the new plans come into effect) will be $30 a year - which is a 50% increase in price...

This is a major change, to be sure...

robn 18 Aug 2016 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 596066)
Currently I have a 'Full' account (at $20 a year) The minimum price (when the new plans come into effect) will be $30 a year - which is a 50% increase in price...

From the blog post:

Quote:

For existing users on our previous plans there’s no change. Your current plan is unchanged and continues to offer the same features, for the same price as before.
This change is predominantly aimed at new customers, who often our found our pricing structure difficult to understand. If you're happy with your current plan then just keep using it.

David 18 Aug 2016 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robn (Post 596067)

This change is predominantly aimed at new customers, who often our found our pricing structure difficult to understand. If you're happy with your current plan then just keep using it.

Thanks robn, I missed that. I was too quick off the mark, I guess.

grimmrimmer 18 Aug 2016 02:33 PM

Grrrr... I was in the middle of a trial and JUST about to purchase a family plan and then this dropped. I'm not sure what to do as the alternative is much more expensive regarding the newer plans for my purposes. I sent an email to the FM support staff and was told that it's not possible for me to purchase a legacy plan. Is this true, or can I plead with one of the FM contacts here to help me out with an exception? :confused::confused::(

David 18 Aug 2016 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimmrimmer (Post 596069)
Grrrr... I was in the middle of a trial and JUST about to purchase a family plan and then this dropped. I'm not sure what to do as the alternative is much more expensive regarding the newer plans for my purposes. I sent an email to the FM support staff and was told that it's not possible for me to purchase a legacy plan. Is this true, or can I plead with one of the FM contacts here to help me out with an exception? :confused::confused::(

You could try arguing, that as you are in the middle of a trial, that it is not really a legacy plan for you......

The days of Christmas presents from Fastmail are long gone I guess.

Welcome to the forums!

FredOnline 18 Aug 2016 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 596066)
Currently I have a 'Full' account (at $20 a year) The minimum price (when the new plans come into effect) will be $30 a year - which is a 50% increase in price.

Although it's $10 more, there's 100% more storage (1GB vs 2GB), so overall it's better value.

FredOnline 18 Aug 2016 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimmrimmer (Post 596069)

Did you try to purchase, and it failed, or did you just contact FM instead?

grimmrimmer 18 Aug 2016 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 596070)
You could try arguing, that as you are in the middle of a trial, that it is not really a legacy plan for you......

The days of Christmas presents from Fastmail are long gone I guess.

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the welcome. It's just frustrating timing. Yeah, that's what I tried to say to them. Technically my trial says "Enhanced" plan...

grimmrimmer 18 Aug 2016 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredOnline (Post 596072)
Did you try to purchase, and it failed, or did you just contact FM instead?

There's no option to purchase the old plan. When I click "Pay now" from the trial, it just brings me to a page of the new plans. I contacted them after that.

FredOnline 18 Aug 2016 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimmrimmer (Post 596074)
There's no option to purchase the old plan. When I click "Pay now" from the trial, it just brings me to a page of the new plans. I contacted them after that.

As robn quoted in post #7:

For existing users on our previous plans there’s no change. Your current plan is unchanged and continues to offer the same features, for the same price as before.

I suppose you could argue that you're already an "existing user", or just pay for a new plan.

Apologies in advance if you can't afford to pay more.