EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   About this site... (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I accidentally turned off my adblock and.. (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=78966)

Thebrokenbee 22 Dec 2021 12:19 PM

I accidentally turned off my adblock and..

it was a nightmare browsing EMD! Every click led to me a pop up ad. I am sure there is a better way to handle revenue and ads for this site!

Bamb0 22 Dec 2021 02:23 PM

Hmmm I didnt realise there were so many spam ads here......

EDIT:

Are you seeing these on your desktop or phone?

[This message has been edited by Bamb0 (edited 22 December 2021).]

Thebrokenbee 22 Dec 2021 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamb0 (Post 624030)
Hmmm I didnt realise there were so many spam ads here......

EDIT:

Are you seeing these on your desktop or phone?

[This message has been edited by Bamb0 (edited 22 December 2021).]

On desktop! Any link I click takes me to a pop up

Fenman 22 Dec 2021 03:34 PM

I'm surprised at this. On my desktop with ad blocker turned off I only see the same one static banner ad at the top of each page. I only see that when I'm logged out. When I log in it disappears.

Could you perhaps be seeing the occasional spam post that has links to adverts? The mods usually remove those pretty quickly.

Thebrokenbee 22 Dec 2021 08:05 PM

No - i meant everytime I click a thread a pop up opens to an ad! Not just the ones on the site displayed on the page.

somdcomputerguy 22 Dec 2021 10:08 PM

Does this happen only here, or any other forums? How about any other page viewed thru your browser? It sounds like you might have an infected computer.

- Bruce

Bamb0 23 Dec 2021 03:20 AM

Ya see if it happens on city-data

www.city-data.com/forum (Also running VBB)

Good luck!

hadaso 27 Dec 2021 02:47 AM

I don't see any ads at all on this site (using Firefox with no kind of ad blocking components installed ever).

Bamb0 27 Dec 2021 06:12 AM

Yes I dont see any either and im not blocking a thing........

I do believe its the browser,etc that "calls" the ads.........

n5bb 27 Dec 2021 07:02 AM

Are you logged into this site (so that “Welcome, <username>“ is shown at the upper right)? If you are not logged in you will see one large advertisement near the top (which is not a pop-up on my iPad). But after logging in, I have never seen an ad here.

Which browser are you using? You might check and be sure that some browser add-on isn’t creating the ads. Also be sure you have recently performed a virus and malware scan on your PC.

When you say “pop-up ad”, do you mean a new window which covers up the EMD site and has to be closed before you can read the EMD site?

Bill

Bamb0 28 Dec 2021 12:44 AM

Yea I used to see that banner at the top when viewing as a guest but I havent seen it for months.....