EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   Runbox Forum (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Runbox IMAP slow (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=59096)

ReuvenNY 30 Mar 2010 01:05 AM

Runbox IMAP slow

In the past several days I noticed that while the Runbox IMAP works, it's very slow: messages take unusually long time to load (very short text) as well as long time to delete.
Is there anything happening behind the scenes? Any idea what?

vazwaz 8 Apr 2010 06:29 PM

Agreed.
Looks like speed is dropping off again and returning back to the bad old days.
I don't think I can put up with it for much longer it is so frustrating.

Robin

Geir 14 Apr 2010 10:44 AM

We don't have any indications of general slowness currently -- could you be more specific for instance regarding time of day, folders etc? Also, your Runbox username would be helpful in order to investigate further.

In any event, we have a couple of new servers being set up now, so we're working to improve overall performance during the next few weeks.

- Geir

vazwaz 14 Apr 2010 05:43 PM

It always seems to slow down late afternoon/early evening UK time, ie between about 16:30 and 19:00 GMT.
Is this when you do backups or some similar housekeeping tasks ?

thanks,

Robin

Dreambiz 21 Apr 2010 07:52 AM

Still really slow for me...

ReuvenNY 21 Apr 2010 07:54 AM

For me it actually improved. It may have been some temporary situation.

kservik 21 Apr 2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vazwaz (Post 500411)
It always seems to slow down late afternoon/early evening UK time, ie between about 16:30 and 19:00 GMT.
Is this when you do backups or some similar housekeeping tasks ?

No its not. Backups run all the time. Housekeeping is more like noon CET.

Do people still see this issue?

Kim

vazwaz 21 Apr 2010 04:40 PM

It is much better than it was (in the U.K.).

thanks,
Robin

kservik 21 Apr 2010 05:08 PM

Thats great to hear!

:)
Kim

50ftQueenie 23 Apr 2010 01:20 AM

Hi Runbox team,

I get IMAP timeouts in the last two hours until now. I use port 1143 which worked fine generally. Is this temporary or do I have to switch ports? In the last case TB probably will have to download all my email again... :( Or should I PM you my username?

Love to hear from you, thanks!

Cheers,
50ftQ

Dreambiz 23 Apr 2010 01:30 AM

I've had the same recent problem on 1143 (and still can't connect).

Is this still the correct port configuration to use for IMAP?

Dreambiz 23 Apr 2010 03:55 AM

IMAP still not working...

50ftQueenie 23 Apr 2010 04:01 AM

Same here... :(

Geir 23 Apr 2010 07:01 AM

IMAP ports

When checking our server logs, port 1143 appeared inactive and since it was only meant as an alternative while we tested the new IMAP implementation a while ago, it was disabled without further notice. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused those that apparently still used it.

If you are using port 1143 for IMAP, please switch to the default port 143 on imap.runbox.com. Depending on your IMAP client your email may download anew. If you have a lot of email on the server and happen to hit the bandwidth quota (5 GB per week), please let us know and we'll reset it for you.

More information about correct IMAP setup can be found on our IMAP help page.

- Geir

Dreambiz 23 Apr 2010 08:23 AM

Thanks for the (untimely) information Geir but you server logs must be complete rubbish.

I've been using this configuration (at Runbox's suggestion) for *years* now. Every day. Multiple times per day. So much yesterday that I had to submit a support ticket to reset my bandwidth.

Unused? I think not!