EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   FastMail Forum (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   UI Update (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=79011)

Ladrillo 25 Jan 2022 05:27 AM

I love the new UI. THANK YOU

Terry 25 Jan 2022 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hadaso (Post 624445)
So the changes are quite small, and become major only for heavy users.

But you can go to settings and change the colors etc.

Gsptlsnz 25 Jan 2022 06:07 AM

You can use 'Stylus' for FireFox to change the look.

Terry 25 Jan 2022 06:46 AM

Yes I already do that.:D

smtper 25 Jan 2022 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gsptlsnz (Post 624462)
You can use 'Stylus' for FireFox to change the look.

Do you have a style that reverts all the latest changes? The ones I've found don't seem to do much and only change the font but doesn't change spacing or shades. Thanks.

Gsptlsnz 25 Jan 2022 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smtper (Post 624465)
Do you have a style that reverts all the latest changes? The ones I've found don't seem to do much and only change the font but doesn't change spacing or shades. Thanks.

working on it... :D

NumberSix 25 Jan 2022 06:18 PM

I don't hate the recent UI look-n-feel changes... they are minimal... but for that reason, I don't see why any change really needed to happen. What has actually improved? I like the old look-n-feel a bit better.

And as noted in another thread, they broke the tooltip display of sender's address when you hover over the sender in mailbox list view, something I used often. I'll put in a report soon, though I'm sure someone else has done it already, and I expect FM will fix it.

Terry 25 Jan 2022 06:22 PM

Perhaps there needs to be 2 compose buttons or a large button as there seems a lot of wasted space....perhaps fit in a small log out button...:D

JoeR 25 Jan 2022 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gsptlsnz (Post 624466)
working on it... :D

I hope you realise that some of us will hold you to that :D

Gsptlsnz 25 Jan 2022 11:35 PM

if there are tweaks you want, then post them NOW and I will add them if I can.

JoeR 26 Jan 2022 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gsptlsnz (Post 624488)
My "Stylish" code is at 97%. Once I post the code I will not have time to go back and update/change anything so if there are tweaks you want, then post them NOW and I will add them if I can.

Once again this will be a one-time-only stylesheet posting.

Is it possible to move the search box back over to where it was? I just want it back like it was, ....IF that is doable. Really appreciate what ever you are able to do though no matter how small :)

Gsptlsnz 26 Jan 2022 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeR (Post 624489)
Is it possible to move the search box back over to where it was? I just want it back like it was, ....IF that is doable. Really appreciate what ever you are able to do though no matter how small :)

Can you post a screenshot of where the search box used to be?
I *think* I can do that.

smtper 26 Jan 2022 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gsptlsnz (Post 624488)
My "Stylish" code is at 97%. Once I post the code I will not have time to go back and update/change anything so if there are tweaks you want, then post them NOW and I will add them if I can.

Once again this will be a one-time-only stylesheet posting.

Thanks for doing this! Really appreciate it.

- Compact spacing: both checkbox and pin should take up less space.
- Less space between buttons when reading or composing, thicker and darker borders around buttons
- All mail, unread, etc with borders and in a different font that doesn't blend into the rest
- Borders around numbers of unread next to folders

I found a screenshot of the good interface if it can help https://tidbits.com/uploads/2015/10/...-interface.png

JamesHenderson 26 Jan 2022 01:51 AM

"Switch light/dark automatically" doesn't work for me on MacOS. Is anyone else seeing this?

evfrson 26 Jan 2022 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesHenderson (Post 624492)
"Switch light/dark automatically" doesn't work for me on MacOS. Is anyone else seeing this?

Working fine here (macOS Big Sur)