EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   Runbox Forum (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Runbox Testimonials (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=17897)

s a 20 Dec 2003 06:57 AM

Runbox Testimonials

Soon after Neerav started the Fastmail testimonial thread, i suggested that a Runbox user do the same.......having now evolved into one (a runbox user), i thought i would go ahead and start it;

I love the clean and simple interface. I like having an unlimited number of "from addresses" and pop links. The per folder preferences make it trivial to deal with both personal and work email from my runbox account.

The recently launched "File Storage" interface, carries on the runbox tradition of being both simple and feature-rich. I am particularly fond of their mobile version.

suzi 13 Jan 2004 10:48 AM

Can anyone jump in? ;)

Well, I'm fairly new to Runbox compared to some here. I made an account back in November 2002 after searching through countless email addresses to find one that could send big file attachments. I found Runbox and it sent the files I needed to, didn't cut out once, and was fast considering I run on a 56K modem and the files I wanted to send were huge! I wish I could have paid for an account then, but I wasn't in a situation to...

Fortunately for me, Files were created and Runbox sent me an email to get another month's free trial. Could I possibly refuse? So, in July 2003 I was back with Runbox again, pleasantly surprised that my username was intact after all that time.

Thankfully I was in a position to join then and I chose the 3 year plan. I don't regret it one bit - worth every single penny (or should that be cent? :)). Runbox immediately took over as my main email account and I use it for just about everything. And, after all this time, I have received next to no spam unlike all my free accounts that are getting clogged up. It's such a change to go from 2Mb to 100Mb, or, in my case, 300Mb. It's amazing - I have over 500 emails (some quite large) and I've only just passed 10% of my quota.

Runbox has been invaluable to me so far. The support team are excellent, and quick to sort out any errors that crop up. I've found them to be very helpful when I've needed them, and extremely friendly. It's nice to feel that the team actually care about their members and listen to what we have to say - it's getting rare in today's modern business world, but I wouldn't have it any other way with Runbox. We, as subscribers to their service, feel like we can ask questions and make suggestions and we won't be ignored. I know that it makes me feel easier knowing that if I have a problem with Runbox I can come to the forums and talk about it; none of my other email accounts give me that sense of security.

I love the webmail interface too. Unlike other domains, it's not overcrowded with adverts (because Runbox are ad free ;)) or graphics that would slow down loading. It's simple, neat, tidy, minimalistic but it still contains everything needed in a sturdy webmail account.

Better still, I can check my account anywhere in the world! Before I found myself having to download all my emails to a client, such as Outlook Express. With only a few Mb's of storage my email account, before getting Runbox, just couldn't handle all the emails I wished to keep so I had no option but to put them on OE. This was fine for checking emails offline, but unfortunately my computer, at the time, ended up wiping all of my emails. And there they were lost...

However, I no longer have that problem anymore. Using IMAP I can store my emails both on OE (for offline work) and Runbox webmail for online. Several months ago I found myself in a situation where I was away from my usual computer for a number of days, but when I could get to a computer all of my emails were still available within my webmail.

Certainly though, my favourite features have to be retrieval and WAP. Firstly, I find it much easier to retrieve emails from several different accounts (such as Hotmail, Lycos UK, etc.) straight to my Runbox instead of checking each account individually. My Runbox can take so many emails, I haven't worried about Hotmail becoming over burdened since I joined (often Hotmail would go over the limit and I would be disallowed from sending or receiving mail until I could rectify the situation).

And WAP... I had never had a real reason to use WAP on my mobiles until Runbox. I now find it something I use often, especially when I am unable to check emails through the Internet conventionally. I have had many an important email through WAP that I was so glad to have been able to check before I went online. What a fantastic feature! :D

So there you have it. The reasons I love Runbox. Sorry my post is so long, but I have a lot of good things to say about my favourite email account! ;)

24 Feb 2004 02:27 PM

A few months ago I tried out Runbox.com with a trial account. While I haven't signed up at this point, I was very impressed by the features of the account. If I ever decide to pay for an email account, Runbox would be one of the first companies I would consider.

So what was great about Runbox? It was fast, easy to use, stable and seemed a great email service. I would reccomend signing up for the trial account :)

dan

lifanus 27 Feb 2004 03:36 AM

Runbox R GooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooD!

I use it EveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerydaY!

It's FaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasT as well!

Li

Paladin 7 Mar 2004 02:08 AM

I signed up yesterday using a "different" name, liked it, so bought a 3 year account today using a "sensible" account name. I will be using a "bare" mail client for a wee while to see just what gets through in the way of unwanted material. I have tools available on the desktop to prevent "nasties", so will be interested to see how well the service works from this viewpoint.

At the age of 60, it's good to be a "Junior" again. ;)

M.

Oddzy 31 Mar 2004 11:05 PM

>I like having an unlimited number of "from addresses"

>The per folder preferences make it trivial to deal with both personal and work email from my runbox account.

How to access these functions?

JeffK 1 Apr 2004 05:25 AM

Oddzy's issue moved to new thread here

http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...threadid=20512

JeffK

hajonez 26 Apr 2004 01:00 AM

To mark my 500th post in these forums I thought it only fitting to write a brief testimonial for Runbox, the email service that has served me so well for over three years. Without further ado, here is my warm commendation for my favourite email service:

It was a little over three years ago that I decided I needed to search for a new email service. I was initially attracted to the Runbox email service by the large storage quota. Upon signing up, I was immediately impressed by the sleek web-based interface and the powerful features offered. I have experienced Runbox develop and mature over the past three years; it has evolved to become without doubt the web's most reliable, efficient and effective email platform. The professional web interface is intuitive yet powerful, enabling me to easily utilise the many features offered. One of the most powerful of these features is the ability to dispatch emails with different sending addresses; using the web interface, I can easily send emails from my Runbox account that bear the sending address of my workplace. The Runbox web interface allows the creation of unlimited folders and filters, streamlining the process of organising and storing large numbers of email messages. When at home, I have the choice of accessing my email using the POP or IMAP protocols; this makes storing my email messages on my hard drive simple. The recent addition of the 'Files' feature has enabled me to store my most critical documents online, meaning that they are accessible wherever I can access the 'net. The Runbox staff provide professional yet personal support and any problems I have reported have been resolved almost immediately. This combination of the professional web-based interface, flawless reliability and unparalleled level of support make Runbox the perfect email service.

- Henry :)

jbs 15 Jun 2004 11:15 PM

If you'll forgive a cross-post, this was written in response to a query about how Runbox stacks up against the free email services who are finally allowing more than 15 kilobytes :D of storage to their free users.

While it's nice to see other services following the lead of Runbox in offering massively more storage than they have in the past, and while I expect we'll start to see an overall increase in space per dollar (or NOK :D ) I can't say this makes me eager to jump ship.

First of all, I don't find the cost of Runbox to be prohibitive. Yes, if two identical things are priced at $0 and $30 (though I bought 3 years and 2 accounts, so it's really $0 vs $17) I'm going to pick the $0, but it does not take much benefit in my mind to be worth 4.5 cents each day (my Runbox cost).

So what do I think I'm getting for my 4.5 cents per day? Well, to start with these forums. When I have a question about my Runbox account, I can get it answered here in a matter of minutes. With Yahoo and other free email services, trying to get help is generally more frustrating than just suffering with whatever problem I'm having in the first place.

The filtering that RB offers is, in my mind, far more powerful than anything I've seen elsewhere. Using filters and whitelists diligently has made my Inbox spam-free for months.

Ads, or in this case the lack thereof. Again, I don't have to avoid many flashing java based come-ons to "Hit the Turkey with the Axe" to be worth 4.5 cents a day.

Oh, and how about access through POP, IMAP, WAP and my phone's wireless browser at fast.runbox. Again, far more useful than anything I've gotten from Yahoo.

So those are a few that come to mind, just off the top of my head.

--Jason

abhi 18 Jun 2004 01:07 AM

If you need to purchase an Email account, this has got to be it.

I'm into my third renewal as a subscriber to Runbox and I've never had any problems at all that I can think of. This is just getting better with the 1GB space announcement!

I love the clean, fast interface which lets me check my mail from any place even with a dial up. For those who have been / are in India, you'd know the speed of connections in the small towns/ villages. This is where it has really helped.

Keep up the great work!

- Abhi

nObRaIn 27 Jun 2004 05:29 AM

hi all,

i've been using runbox for some years now (it was still a free service at the time) and i love it since day one.

normaly i used to find a new email every time my old one was turning to a payed service without even considering to keep it (actualy runbox is the only email i have ever payed for).

i agree with all the previous posts about how impresively fast, reliable, functional and clean it is but there is one more factor that made me consider paying for it in the begining. it never stoped evolving. it keeps changing (and always did) as my needs are changing and i always feel it is one step ahead of them.

on top of that, these changes never affected how fast and reliable the service is and i never felt like i am paying just to be a beta tester (grrrr).

finaly, paypal as a payment option is a great addition for some people that don't have (or they don't want to use) a credit card. i have experienced that the costs to send international money orders can almost double the subscription cost in some places. paypal is much cheaper and hasle free.

oh... i forgot the exelent support (well... if you ever need it :P)

@Paladin: try as much as you like. you don't need any tools ;) it's a good fun trying though :P

pingme97 31 Jul 2004 07:42 PM

Runbox is sweet

I am surprised to see no runbox testimonials in last few weeks or so...hence adding mine :D

If you are looking for all basic features (POP/IMAP/WEB/Mobile/SPAM/AV) and ready to pay some price then its really a good service you should think seriously.

One more feature which I found useful is auto mail retrival from services like hotmail ..as most of the users will have at least one account on hotmail...it is very useful in consolidating your emails in one single inbox

I am using it for a month or two now and I found it very reliable or I would say most reliable in comparision with non-big email providers. I consider reliability as single most important criteria for any communication service (from phones to emails) and runbox is pretty good in that.

Runbox also offers, 100 MB File storage but I have never used this feature till now. My suggestion would be allowing this space to use for creating websites...In this way runbox can become single shop for all the needs of personal users setting up personal sites, email etc

Specific to Web Interface, I found it very simple, fast and probably cleanest interface (exception Google and Rediffmail).

There are some problems some time as they are with any service proider but runbox staff is always ready to respond and reply promptly if you contact in their office hrs...else there is an understandable delay of around 24 hrs max

Just a suggestion at the end with competion hotting up with expected entry of gmail in public and change in policies and offereings of email giants like yahoo/hotmail...more competetive pricing might be more effective

Keeping faith in good people at Runbox and its future, I have regitered for 3 yrs :D

Heavenisblue 20 Nov 2004 06:09 AM

it's not about the money

don't get much time to visit forums so i'm noo here.
used usa.net (paid) for a while, their features and service prompted me to look elsewhere. found runbox - stopped looking.
still use yahoo freebie as it's a good addy for sites where i'm likely to get spam, a bit more to the volumes that arrive there is hardly noticable.
; - )

ReuvenNY 29 Jan 2005 03:53 PM

Moderating comment: This is a testimonials thread. By definition, Testimonial is "A written affirmation of another's character or worth; a personal recommendation" or "Something given in appreciation of a person's service or achievement; a tribute".
Gripes do not belong here. Any issues, complaints or expressions of frustration should be placed in a polite manner in a regular thread of the forum.

marc_otten 28 Feb 2005 11:16 PM

I've been using Runbox from januari 2001 and just renewed my subscription with another 3 years. The reason: Runbox is great. I'm extremely pleased with both the service and support team. In my 'safari' along other mailservices (trust me, I tried a lot of them), none of 'em came even close to Runbox (both for speed and for ease-of-use).

Runbox, thanx for the great service. Keep up the great work!!!