EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   Runbox Forum (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   extra file starage space (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=51897)

alistair234 21 Feb 2008 01:53 AM

extra file starage space

hi, I been a loyal paid member of Runbox since Sun, 29 Oct 2006 and I’m very quite angry at runbox, the other day I ordered 2 extra gb of file storage on top of my existing 1gb which was fine, and today I put money on my key card, as I was going to order a further 1gb today meaning I would have 4gb altogether for my music collection to upload to. So I logged into runbox account and click on Account section, ready to buy further 1gb of file storage and noticed on the "Add-on Products" the I had to renew my file storage space every year. the file storage cost a lot in the first place and I’ve just found out I would need to renew each year the whole 3gb, I though that I would own the space out rite and not have to renew each year. I’m really considering cancelling my runbox account altogether now because of this

filtered 21 Feb 2008 02:49 AM

It's just one opinion but I think paying for a service once and expecting to have it forever is unrealistic.

alistair234 21 Feb 2008 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by filtered (Post 444059)
It's just one opinion but I think paying for a service once and expecting to have it forever is unrealistic.

well, that the way fastmail.fm work, you pay a one time only fee

marc_otten 21 Feb 2008 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alistair234 (Post 444060)
well, that the way fastmail.fm work, you pay a one time only fee

That might be the way Fastmail works. Runbox, however, works different. See this page of the Runbox general information.

Quote:

Account Add-ons (for 1 year)
  • Email domains: USD 4.95 - EUR 3.95 each
  • Email aliases: USD 0.95 - EUR 0.95 each
  • Sub-accounts: USD 19.95 - EUR 14.95 each
  • Extra Files space: USD 29.95 - EUR 24.95 per 1 GB (for 1 year)
  • Norman Anti-virus for Windows/Linux: USD 29.95 - EUR 24.95
  • Recovery of email from backup: USD 9.95 - EUR 9.95 (per incident)

carverrn 21 Feb 2008 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alistair234 (Post 444054)
hi, I been a loyal paid member of Runbox since Sun, 29 Oct 2006 and I’m very quite angry at runbox, the other day I ordered 2 extra gb of file storage on top of my existing 1gb which was fine, and today I put money on my key card, as I was going to order a further 1gb today meaning I would have 4gb altogether for my music collection to upload to. So I logged into runbox account and click on Account section, ready to buy further 1gb of file storage and noticed on the "Add-on Products" the I had to renew my file storage space every year. the file storage cost a lot in the first place and I’ve just found out I would need to renew each year the whole 3gb, I though that I would own the space out rite and not have to renew each year. I’m really considering cancelling my runbox account altogether now because of this

Hi alistair234,

If you wish to cancel the extra storage space just contact BILLING-at-RUNBOX-dot-COM and explain you didn't realize there it was an annual charge when you signed up for the extra storage. Since you just ordered it recently I don't think there will be any problem with refunding the charge.

Regards,
Rich

mdembski 7 Mar 2008 12:48 AM

Fastmail

Fastmail charges a one time fee of 24.95 for 100 meg. Runbox is 24.95 1 gig, so it would take you 10 years to recover the cost of a gig of online storage.