EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   The Off-Topic Lounge (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Are you using Firefox web browser? (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=65914)

David 3 Dec 2012 09:45 AM

Are you using Firefox web browser?

Here is the latest on IE

Bamb0 3 Dec 2012 10:37 AM

Heh quite a stupid article!

David 3 Dec 2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamb0 (Post 549794)
Heh quite a stupid article!

Yes, but it's very quiet at EMD these days :)

radtux 3 Dec 2012 10:42 PM

I have customized Firefox to the nth degree and make it far better than Google Chrome. IE is way behind the metrics in every aspect.

blackbutterfly 4 Dec 2012 06:46 AM

I prefer Chrome...

Firefox gave me a ton of errors. My brother calls IE Internet Exploder. :p I call it trash. :) I have tried many browsers. I find that Chrome gives me less headaches.

Sam

William9 4 Dec 2012 07:56 AM

I like Chrome too, because it seems fast and has that attractive, minimalist UI.
There have been rare instances when a web service did not behave well with Chrome, but worked fine with Firefox. When I open Firefox now, the UI looks out of date, and it does not seem as fast as Chrome.

radtux 4 Dec 2012 10:30 AM

You basically need to know about:config settings in the browser.
Use duck duck go as your search engine and you would be able to find out more about this. As for the UI, use themes.
In the past 1 year I have not encountered any problems with it. I am using the Linux version.

chrisretusn 4 Dec 2012 06:41 PM

Are you using Firefox web browser?

Yes I am using Firefox.

blackbutterfly 4 Dec 2012 07:50 PM

Hmm...?

I might download FF as a secondary browser. If it doesn't bork on me again.. that is. :p

ccl1 5 Dec 2012 03:32 AM

hate ie,
hate opera,
hate chrome,
all for different but equal reasons.
been using ff since before it was even called ff. starting to hate that one too b/c its beginning to mimic chrome too much

Adrian Bell 5 Dec 2012 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccl1 (Post 549894)
its beginning to mimic chrome too much

I'll second that, so is Opera.

IE is okay, I just don't like the look of it. The buttons are too small.

Opera works well on my XP netbook but I don't like the transparency on win7 and most of the themes don't work on the latest version.

I use Firefox 4 on my home PC, with a solid grey persona to get rid of the transparency.

Chrome is far too basic, and the buttons are too small.

blackbutterfly 5 Dec 2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

hate ie,
hate opera,
hate chrome,
been using ff since before it was even called ff. starting to hate that one too b/c its beginning to mimic chrome too much

LOL I don't like Opera either. I've never tried the new IE .. I'm not sure I want to. Heh.

William9 6 Dec 2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

hate ie,
hate opera,
hate chrome,

Is there anything left not to hate :confused:

Adam Lachlan 12 Dec 2012 10:56 AM

I switched to Firefox a few years back, and very glad I did. Shame I didn't do it earlier. I prefer the way the tabs work for one thing. Only really used Chrome a few times, and I find it a bit too minimalistic. To each his own.

metal 12 Dec 2012 03:56 PM

Firefox is getting slower over the years. IE hasn't changed. Chrome is slowly moving ahead. Opera is useless. It still fails to load certain pages.