EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   Early Warning... (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Eumx Horde down, 15 May (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=74394)

janusz 16 May 2019 03:58 AM

Eumx Horde down, 15 May

Seems the Horde interface is down as of now, 17:50 GMT, 15 May
Quote:

A fatal error has occurred
Cannot write to cache directory /tmp
IMAP and Roundcube are ok.

janusz 16 May 2019 05:50 PM

Still down

14 hours later (7:50 GMT, 16 May): no change, still down.

rmannam 16 May 2019 06:12 PM

I am also having trouble with Horde but ALWM, GO, RC are working fine.

Janusz! why are you so keen on Horde, you may use any one of the other ones.

janusz 16 May 2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmannam (Post 610156)
Janusz! why are you so keen on Horde, you may use any one of the other ones.

I know perfectly well there are other interfaces, which work.

But, apart from common mailboxes, each interface has its own contact, identities &c. So the Horde ones are invisible say in roundcube. Besides, horde offers webdisk which I use.

My main gripe is the fact that one of the officially supported interfaces has been down for some 20 hours now, and there is zero information from the support. And yes, I did email them.
That's hardly professional, to put it politely.

communicant 18 May 2019 11:24 PM

Horde is still down. Has anyone been in touch with Fabule? In the past when there has been an outage or problem he often posts here. I wonder why support has been silent?

janusz 18 May 2019 11:37 PM

Emailed support, sent PM to Fabule. No response.

germansaram 29 May 2019 04:56 AM

Is it still down?:confused:

janusz 29 May 2019 06:21 AM

No, it's up.

communicant 29 May 2019 07:56 PM

Eumx Horde is now back up.

janusz 29 May 2019 08:01 PM

For the record: it's been up since 18 or 19 May.

janusz 28 Jun 2019 05:11 AM

Horde down again Thu 27 June

And it's down again, Thu 27 June, 19:00 GMT.

janusz 28 Jun 2019 08:55 PM

Back in working condition, around noon 28 June (European time)

communicant 11 Jul 2019 01:34 AM

Recent cc's sent to VFEmail as part of messages sent elsewhere from eumx.net have been received in the VFE account's spam folder. I wonder why.

communicant 11 Jul 2019 02:10 AM

disturbing development

Quote:

Originally Posted by communicant (Post 610747)
Recent cc's sent to VFEmail as part of messages sent elsewhere from eumx.net have been received in the VFE account's spam folder. I wonder why.

Further to the above, I looked carefully at the headers of the message marked "spam" at VFE, and then found some troubling material via search engine.

x-assp-ip-score
• -10 (SSL-TLS-connection-OK)
• -10 (SPF pass)
• 25 (Blocked IP-Country HU (INVITECH MEGOLDASOK ZRT.))
• 17 (DNSBL: neutral, xxxxxxxxxxxx listed in l2.apews.org)
• 20 (Regex: bombRe 'PB 20: for penis' bombRe: 'penis')
x-assp-message-score
• -10 (SSL-TLS-connection-OK)
• -10 (SPF pass)
• 25 (Blocked IP-Country HU (INVITECH MEGOLDASOK ZRT.))
• 17 (DNSBL: neutral, xxxxxxxxxxxx listed in l2.apews.org)
• 20 (Regex: bombRe 'PB 20: for penis' bombRe: 'penis')

--> NOTE TO EMD MODERATORS -- the word 'penis' was used in an academic medical context !!

Some further searching revealed that:

"ZRT is a CLIA certified lab that provides the service of collecting and analyzing specimen samples. You will be submitting health information and ordering tests for informational purposes only. ZRT has a contracted licensed physician who will review your request and authorize the testing service you are purchasing.

"Invitech Megoldasok Zrt., Szigetszentmiklós, IPTV playlist ...
iptv.live/playlist/622287
IPTV M3U playlist provider Invitech Megoldasok Zrt., Hungary the country, the region Pest County, the city of Szigetszentmiklós, posted snyper86.Hungary

Invitech Megoldások Zrt short credit report, official company ...
www.ceginformacio.hu/cr9311294587_EN
Invitech Megoldások Zrt. Company name. Invitech Megoldások Zártkörűen Működő Részvénytársaság. According to Crefoport s.r.o.'s credit report database the Invitech Megoldások Zártkörűen Működő Részvénytársaság registered in Hungary."

This is clear evidence that the text of the message was scanned at some point and a word flagged for content, which apparently indicated at the VFE end that the message was spam, but which also somehow invoked a Hungarian medical lab and a credit reporting database. (Nothing in the message concerned medical testing or the need for it, and nothing about credit or financial matters, let alone anything involving a "playlist"! This is beyond bizarre.)

Does either eumx.net or VFEmail.net now scan the content of messages?

What on earth does this mean? And what does reference to a "blocked IP" mean in this context?

This is very disturbing. Eumx and VFE are not shady providers. I have trusted both for years.

This has knocked me for a loop. Any ideas, analysis, speculation? I am at a loss as to how to regard this development. I suppose I'll send a copy to Rick Romero and to Fabule, but I ask the help of the forum in trying to figure this out, if at all possible.

Many thanks.

janusz 11 Jul 2019 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by communicant (Post 610748)
Does either eumx.net or VFEmail.net now scan the content of messages?.

Why are you surprised? How can virus and/or spam filtering work without scanning the message content?

And what this has to do with EuMx having been partially down on 15 May (or at any other time)? :eek: