EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   Runbox Forum (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Is Runbox going to increase prices soon? (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=72439)

mekitron 27 Jan 2017 06:18 AM

Is Runbox going to increase prices soon?

Hello good guys here and there,

What do you say about mail quotas, particularly Runbox Max plan. Do you think 15GB inbox and 2GB file storage for 80 USD is good enough where as competitors are providing 5 times higher quota at same price?

For better understanding go here: http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...7&postcount=98

I am afraid, when Runbox completes certain "kinds of exciting things", costs of smaller (family friendly) plans (and sub-accounts) will either hike up or fade away itself of existence. How Runbox will manage this all?

-Mek

bipbop 27 Jan 2017 07:37 AM

One thing that would be nifty, is if one could transfer GBs from the Email Storage Space to the File Storage Space. For those of us who download mails, instead of having them online, having 15GB is useless.

kservik 27 Jan 2017 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mekitron (Post 599420)
Hello good guys here and there,

What do you say about mail quotas, particularly Runbox Max plan. Do you think 15GB inbox and 2GB file storage for 80 USD is good enough where as competitors are providing 5 times higher quota at same price?

For better understanding go here: http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...7&postcount=98

I am afraid, when Runbox completes certain "kinds of exciting things", costs of smaller (family friendly) plans (and sub-accounts) will either hike up or fade away itself of existence. How Runbox will manage this all?

-Mek

The 15GB account might be a little expensive for some, but our sub-account pricing is very competitive. We have no plans to change the current prices, but if they are changed, we would change them to be relevant and competitive.

bipbop 27 Jan 2017 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kservik (Post 599426)
The 15GB account might be a little expensive for some, but our sub-account pricing is very competitive. We have no plans to change the current prices, but if they are changed, we would change them to be relevant and competitive.

Storage is cheap, and your competition offer way more of it, for less money. So you might wanna become relevant and competitive sooner rather than later.

FredOnline 27 Jan 2017 10:55 PM

For best value utilise the two years for the price of one offer.

This works especially great with your own domains.

I've taken advantage of this a few times, where an account is due to expire, I opened another one (again at two years for one), let the old account expire and just carried on from there.

Runbox have even moved some of my Runbox aliases to the new accounts over the years.

DigitalOrchard 3 Feb 2017 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bipbop (Post 599430)
Storage is cheap, and your competition offer way more of it, for less money. So you might wanna become relevant and competitive sooner rather than later.

To be fair, a service's value is difficult to equate to a price-per-GB number. There's so many factors to take into account. So many hosting providers shout from the mountain tops "Unlimited Everything!", but what is sacrificed is true quality service and performance.

I spent several months evaluating email providers to find the right balance between quality-of-service and price, and Runbox has exceeded my expectations on every measure. I can't put a price on the friendliness and thoroughness of their customer support (yes, I'm talking about you, Dave!).

Runbox is highly relevant in my online world, across my entire business (several clients), and I look forward to using them for many years to come, possibly to the end of my career if they keep up the great work they are doing!

emebrs 3 Feb 2017 01:32 PM

DigitalOrchard is completely right about this.

David 3 Feb 2017 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emebrs (Post 599670)
DigitalOrchard is completely right about this.

I would agree with you, emebrs: though Runbox have not enjoyed the high end acclaim that Fastmail have, they have always held close their ideals, and have delivered what they promised to deliver; they have always come through in the end.

kservik 3 Feb 2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bipbop (Post 599430)

That is not actually that true for us as we store your email data on SSDs.

Geir 3 Feb 2017 06:36 PM

Runbox is currently investing substantially in development of new features -- without increasing our prices. And although we are not mainly competing on price or storage we are planning to make our price plans more competitive, as Kim mentioned. With the new features we have in the pipeline we will increase our customer base significantly, and a price increase does not fit into this strategy.

- Geir

soromak 3 Feb 2017 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geir (Post 599680)
Runbox is currently investing substantially in development of new features -- without increasing our prices. And although we are not mainly competing on price or storage we are planning to make our price plans more competitive, as Kim mentioned. With the new features we have in the pipeline we will increase our customer base significantly, and a price increase does not fit into this strategy.

- Geir

It would be interesting to know if mail push (not IMAP IDLE) but something that works with iOS devices (either ActiveSync or a solution that works at Fastmail) would be a deal breaker for me. Especially that I am based not far from you.

17pm 3 Feb 2017 10:59 PM

I'm currently a Fastmail user, although I used runbox for 2 or 3 years in the past. No 2FA and a bad webclient made me leave. The 2FA thing is tackled. Now I wonder about the webclient.

Are you guys going to create a good, fast, keyboard friendly, webclient anytime soon?

It would be nice to know what your focus are. What's your roadmap in the next 3 months? 6? 12?

Geir 4 Feb 2017 08:46 AM

Yes, we are building a new webmail and it's going to surprise everyone. ;)

- Geir

smithmb001 4 Feb 2017 10:08 AM

No complaints about 2FA. It took a LONG time but it was done right. I'm still quite disappointed in the calendar "service", such that it is. I am not going to even ask, but perhaps we'll see a web-based calendar with the new email client. By the way, the old web client is not perfect, but with the work you did polishing it up, it is relatively pleasant to use and I use it every day all throughout the day.

On the question of pricing, I don't have any issues with the current price structure of RunBox services. The 3 years for 2 is a good deal. It would be nice to see some bundling of offerings for people who have medium and micro/mini accounts. Also, I'd like to be able to renew my domain(s) for multiple years and get some savings. This would be good for both RunBox and its customers.

shenton 4 Feb 2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geir (Post 599703)
Yes, we are building a new webmail and it's going to surprise everyone. ;)

- Geir

Hi Geir, is there any timeframe on when we will see this, or get a chance to Beta test? I've been with RunBox a long time and the only thing I'm not crazy about is the webmail interface.