EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   The Off-Topic Lounge (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Four Letter Word Game (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=56769)

Malc 44 25 Nov 2009 04:59 AM

But getting to the CORE of the matter, we all know fruit and veg is better for us, but we'd still prefer to eat cake ;)

Sherry 25 Nov 2009 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malc 44 (Post 492364)
<snip> we all know fruit and veg is better for us, but we'd still prefer to eat cake ;)

And cookies and candy and pie and donuts and even an ice cream CONE now and then. :)

n5bb 25 Nov 2009 11:41 AM

I vote for pecan pie a la mode -- it's bad to the BONE.

SusanUKF 25 Nov 2009 08:23 PM

All the treats are fine and good in moderation as long as we do exercises to TONE up afterwards!

I am remiss in this activity lately myself; so need to get back on track, I was doing a 30 minute workout daily here with some exercise tapes I find fun --Richard Simmons ones! -- so I am trying to self-motivate myself in this comment as well.

Malc: there is always lots of fudge brownies and cookies at our house; I love baking! If you can manage to eat some before our children devour them all you are very welcome to lots! The 5 kids, along with the multitudes of their friends going in and out of our house, all seem to have hollow legs... grrr.. I wish the sweets I eat wouldn't show up on my figure! Hehe.

:eek::rolleyes::D Susan

Malc 44 25 Nov 2009 09:16 PM

Oh I exercise by playing squash twice a week, perhaps I am the LONE player on EMD.

@n5bb - I love that record, you have good taste!
@Susan - I think my exercise would not be sufficient if I had all those temptations in my house! BTW, 5 kids!! ...have you worked out what's causing it yet??!! :D

janusz 25 Nov 2009 10:10 PM

There may be a long LINE of couch potatoes here, which I'm definitely a member of.

Malc 44 25 Nov 2009 10:54 PM

I guess that's FINE so long as you don't eat too much of Susan's home baking :)

n5bb 25 Nov 2009 11:00 PM

With regards to exercise, I get MINE by riding my bicycle.
But I need to do this daily, and I am far too lazy recently.

SusanUKF 25 Nov 2009 11:19 PM

Well, just build it up slowly, Bill so you don't get stuck in the MIRE of doubt that you cannot succeed!

(not sure if this is reallllly a good sentence context grammatically... but follows thread... hehe)

n5bb 25 Nov 2009 11:29 PM

It's not that I TIRE of riding -- it's quite fun. But I'm so busy (a lot of business travel) and have had some illnesses recently which have made me feel too lousy to get out into the weather.

janusz 26 Nov 2009 12:44 AM

A friend of mine (no, not a superhero) cycled round EIRE this summer. There wasn't much of a summer there anyway :eek:

David 26 Nov 2009 01:02 AM

A beautiful summer was experienced by all at my locale. At the moment though, we are flooded out; the water is at least a few feet over the weir.

janusz 26 Nov 2009 01:23 AM

In due course, my bike will pass on to my HEIR.

Getting more and more cheerful, aren't we? :D

SusanUKF 26 Nov 2009 06:52 AM

I think your Heir would pull out his/her/their HAIR if that is all they inherit!!

n5bb 26 Nov 2009 11:19 AM

My guess is that Batman keeps a bicycle in his LAIR in case the Batmobile fails to start up.