EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   About this site... (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How did you find EMD? (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=13681)

11 Jun 2003 08:30 PM

How did you find EMD?

How did you find EMD?

I found the site when my email provider went broke.

Dan.

redmyrlin 11 Jun 2003 08:53 PM

I found it through fastmail.fm
(can't for the life of me remember how I stumbled across fastmail though! :) )

DBH 11 Jun 2003 09:12 PM

Same here...through FastMail. I found FastMail by searching for free e-mail accounts. :)

Gankaku 12 Jun 2003 12:07 AM

I think I found it via Google, whilst searching for a new pop account after Yahoo removed their pop access. When I got here, I found FM, and got all caught up in the forum. Curse/Bless the day I did that Google search! :D

Lily 12 Jun 2003 12:38 AM

Same here...through FastMail.

I found FastMail while searching for free e-mail accounts. I'm not 100% sure now, but I think I read someone's review about FM @ one of those websites that list free email providers reviews, etc.

This was a couple of years ago, I think. When there weren't paid options yet, and you got a 100 Mb free account

It'd be cool to know the actual date I signed up for my first FM account :)

Dave P in StLouis 12 Jun 2003 01:31 AM

We have dial-up Internet access through the university where my wife works, but the only e-mail address is her address at work. I didn't want to be dave1234@yahoo.com so I did a Google search and found EmailAddresses.com. I opened an account at MailAndNews.com and started posting here when their service got unreliable. The rest, as they say, is history.

Best wishes,
David P.

mammaduck 12 Jun 2003 02:12 AM

Like Gankaku, I started to search around for another free email provider that would provide pop access. Through Google I found Emailaddressess.com which brought me to this forum.

I ended up with a free Fastmail account which I later upgraded ... something I never thought possible because I was looking for a free account :)

I "settled" for IMAP which I never used before. Well not only did I pay for an email account I love IMAP now and don't think I will ever use POP again :)

And then to top it of, I became addicted to this forum :)

Hanneke

Sydney 12 Jun 2003 02:33 AM

I found it through google aswell when i got sick and tired of hotmail. :)

Adam Lachlan 12 Jun 2003 02:47 AM

I was googling around for information on email services for my project.:)

btn 12 Jun 2003 03:54 AM

I found it through EmailAccount.com. :)

Kawartha 12 Jun 2003 04:27 AM

Very much the same reason as MAILfreak~ searching for email service 'how to' answers, for my one-day-to-be-launched own email service provider.

hadaso 12 Jun 2003 07:21 AM

I found emailaddresses.com through a search engine, but it wasn't google! :D (I didn't even know about google back then).

I was searching for "free email". It was several years ago. I don't remember exactly when. I returned several times to find new free email accounts. Eventually last year I noticed that fastmail.fm was recommended, so I tried it.

Although I visited EMD several times to find info about free email, to the forums I got through the FastMail support links!

psalzer 12 Jun 2003 09:39 AM

I found it through a link on Fastmail, I think. It was all at the same time. I had a Visto account, which I rarely used, because it wasn't very reliable. I liked a lot of the features, especially the 15 mb of space and the fact that you could change your From address so I'd check the account every so often to see if things had improved. Then it turned out they were shutting down and they were referring people to Fastmail, which I naturally had to check out. So, there must have been a link to the forum there somewhere. I'd been looking for a forum like this, but at that time all I ever seemed to turn up in the search engines was FEPG, which wasn't a very active forum. Anyway, I ended up signing up for Fastmail and registering at the forum, and I've checked in here at least once a day almost every day since then.

Spin 12 Jun 2003 09:45 AM

I searched for "Free Email" on Yahoo search and clicked the link and went to Emailaddresses.com, I clicked to go to the forum. Thats How I found EMD.

Spin

CelticBlackCat 12 Jun 2003 02:25 PM

I found EMD exactly how Spin did. Yahoo! search for "free email." When I clicked on EmailAddresses.com and saw the box that listed Free Email R.I.P.: The Free Email Death-Watch, I thought that was interesting. I saw the link to the forums and have been hooked ever since.