EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Purelymail (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=79154)

digp 20 Apr 2022 06:55 AM

Purelymail

Email deliverability - what is it like with using Purelymail, as they don;t use mailchannels or similar to deliver outbound email.

jeffpan 20 Apr 2022 08:47 AM

they have their own email routing. from my limited experience, it just works.

TenFour 20 Apr 2022 07:42 PM

I'll second that deliverability is great with Purelymail--no problems. My emails get 10/10 when I check them with mail-tester.com.

ioneja 20 Apr 2022 09:35 PM

Thinking of giving them a good try too. How is the support? Reliability/uptime?

How realistic/sustainable is it that they are only charging $10 per year for no hard limits? Is there a catch?

Lastly, how do they handle email forwarding?

TenFour 20 Apr 2022 09:45 PM

Support and reliability have been great for me. It is a one-man band, but I have never waited more than a few hours to get a response. I have never noticed a down time. Don't know how pricing will go, but for now it is very reasonable for what you get. You can forward emails prior to them hitting the inbox using routing or you can filter emails from the inbox and have them forwarded. The main downside of Purelymail for me is that I am not a Roundcube fan, and that is their default webmail interface. I set my account to send and receive via Gmail, though that means you have to deal with the lag in Gmail's POP3 retrieval. For $10 Purelymail is well worth it to try out to see what you think.

ioneja 20 Apr 2022 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenFour (Post 625495)
For $10 Purelymail is well worth it to try out to see what you think.

Yes, seems like a no-brainer to try out. I don't know why I haven't tried before. Maybe because it is a one-man band. But my latest experience with another provider that is a many-man band (but failed miserably with support) has maybe changed my perspective on this. I think I'm willing to try a few providers I passed on before. And who can forget Tuffmail, which was a one-man band (John Capo) and was outstanding. Maybe Purelymail is the new Tuffmail?

TenFour 20 Apr 2022 10:00 PM

One thing I have noticed is that Purelymail is always tweaking things in a good way. I have gone back to setup domains a few times and each time I do I find new changes that make things go more smoothly. In particular, their setup of DKIM and DMARC are very easy.

ioneja 20 Apr 2022 10:31 PM

Nice to know, thanks TenFour!

FredOnline 20 Apr 2022 10:58 PM

Billing Mode?

One thing that has confused me, is knowing which billing mode to choose.

For the first year, I went with 'simple', but for this current (second) year I'm trying out 'advanced'.

I would be interested to learn what billing mode others are using.

TenFour 20 Apr 2022 11:02 PM

I used the simple mode. Ten dollars a year is worth it, even though I'm sure I would save money using the advanced mode. I'd like to support Purelymail a tiny bit and see them succeed. Breath of fresh air in the email business, IMHO.

FredOnline 20 Apr 2022 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenFour (Post 625495)
The main downside of Purelymail for me is that I am not a Roundcube fan, and that is their default webmail interface.

I actually like RC, I've used it on and off for many years, and so am comfortable with the interface.

Also, the availability of Sieve in this RC is a big thumbs up.

Folio 20 Apr 2022 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredOnline (Post 625499)
I would be interested to learn what billing mode others are using.

I've been using 'advanced' mode since I signed up more than a year ago and have spent less than $5.00. It's not my primary email hosting, but I have never noticed downtime. Everything works so smoothly that I have never had to contact support. I just noticed that he has added a 'priority' support option for $5.00 per month.

evfrson 21 Apr 2022 12:00 AM

Do Purelymail support 2FA when signing-in to webmail (Roundcube ?)

TenFour 21 Apr 2022 12:20 AM

Quote:

Do Purelymail support 2FA when signing-in to webmail (Roundcube ?)
Yes, there is 2FA for both webmail and the account portal.

evfrson 21 Apr 2022 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenFour (Post 625504)
Yes, there is 2FA for both webmail and the account portal.

That's great - I will give them a go.