EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   FastMail Forum (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   General feedback for FM? (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=77457)

TenFour 19 Nov 2020 08:12 PM

General feedback for FM?

What's the best way to send general feedback to FM? Starting a ticket seems overkill for something that is low priority and is more in the line of suggestions for features, comments on the current design, etc.

FredOnline 19 Nov 2020 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenFour (Post 618064)
What's the best way to send general feedback to FM?

You can send an e-mail to support@fastmail.com

or a message on social media via Facebook or Twitter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenFour (Post 618064)
Starting a ticket seems overkill for something that is low priority

I don't think that's ever stopped xyzzy raising a ticket, perhaps he would do it for you.

xyzzy 20 Nov 2020 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredOnline (Post 618066)
I don't think that's ever stopped xyzzy raising a ticket, perhaps he would do it for you.

You're probably right. But only if it was my suggestion, not someone else. The ticket system does provide the "Something else, or I'm not sure" category.

:D:D

TenFour 20 Nov 2020 06:39 AM

So often it feels like feedback is just a black hole for most products, but I am told by people who work at these companies that they do appreciate constructive feedback and actually do consider it. Having worked for a small tech company for awhile I know that we had actual human beings read and consider every piece of feedback received, though as you can imagine a lot of it is impossible to do anything about.

Berenburger 20 Nov 2020 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xyzzy (Post 618070)
You're probably right. But only if it was my suggestion, not someone else. The ticket system does provide the "Something else, or I'm not sure" category.

:D:D

At least they respond back. ;)

xyzzy 20 Nov 2020 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berenburger (Post 618077)
At least they respond back. ;)

Yes, there's that plus IMO the suggestion is at least "on the record" even if it ends up as a closed ticket. That as opposed to possibly getting buried in an email folder of whoever is checking that support email account.

brong 20 Nov 2020 04:01 PM

Yeah, support tickets are the best way to give us feedback. They are easier to link and track to internal tasks than anything else.

BritTim 20 Nov 2020 11:22 PM

Nice to see you are still occasionally around this forum, Brong. I believe it was a great shame when FastMail stopped actively participating and actually promoting the (then) multiple FastMail forums.

ioneja 21 Nov 2020 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BritTim (Post 618092)
Nice to see you are still occasionally around this forum, Brong. I believe it was a great shame when FastMail stopped actively participating and actually promoting the (then) multiple FastMail forums.

+1 nice to see Brong here. :)

brong 21 Nov 2020 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BritTim (Post 618092)

Certainly at the time that we pulled back from it, we discovered that it wasn't very productive use of our time - that we were better either working on new features or solving specific customer problems via support tickets than debating the merits of particular approaches on here!

We do still drop by occasionally to see what's being discussed here, particularly when somebody brings a specific thread to our attention.

But of course, the team is a lot bigger now and that makes the issue even more acute that if everyone spends multiple hours per day engaging on a discussion platform, they're not spending that time solving specific customer problems or building features that benefit everybody!

BritTim 21 Nov 2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brong (Post 618096)
Certainly at the time that we pulled back from it, we discovered that it wasn't very productive use of our time - that we were better either working on new features or solving specific customer problems via support tickets than debating the merits of particular approaches on here!

We do still drop by occasionally to see what's being discussed here, particularly when somebody brings a specific thread to our attention.

But of course, the team is a lot bigger now and that makes the issue even more acute that if everyone spends multiple hours per day engaging on a discussion platform, they're not spending that time solving specific customer problems or building features that benefit everybody!

Well, I do not see why maintaining two-way communication between FastMail and its most motivated clients needs to involve everyone in the company. A couple of suitable staff who would know when involving others might be productive would be quite sufficient. I would argue that having a larger staff would mean that maintaining the kind of close knit community we enjoyed in the early days would actually be much less costly as a percentage of the company's costs. However, I recognise that this is a ship that has sailed, and no one is going to turn the clock back.