EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   FastMail Forum (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   got this message when trying to send to a certain address (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=73645)

cmac 21 Mar 2018 08:41 PM

got this message when trying to send to a certain address

Apparently some antispam program doesn't like how fastmail sends email? I don't know much about it so I thought I'd ask here. I got this message when trying to send.

The mail system

<address@imtryingtosendto.com>: host filter10.antispamcloud.com[188.138.56.27] said:
550 Sender (mydomainname.com) has no A, AAAA, or MX DNS records. (in reply to
RCPT TO command)

why does this happen? its the only time i've ran into it.

BritTim 22 Mar 2018 01:08 AM

If you are using FastMail to host the DNS for the 'imtryingtosendto.com" domasin, and are using the default settings, you should raise a support ticket.

If the DNS for the domain is being hosted elsewhere, it is almost certain that the issue is caused by misconfiguration of the settings around the mail exchange servers. If possible, get the DNS provider to assist you in correcting those settings.,

cmac 22 Mar 2018 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BritTim (Post 605962)
If you are using FastMail to host the DNS for the 'imtryingtosendto.com" domasin, and are using the default settings, you should raise a support ticket.

If the DNS for the domain is being hosted elsewhere, it is almost certain that the issue is caused by misconfiguration of the settings around the mail exchange servers. If possible, get the DNS provider to assist you in correcting those settings.,

the "imtryingtosendto.com" domain is not mine. I was just trying to send an email to them however it bounced back with that message. the 'mydomainname.com is a fastmail address I was sending from.

BritTim 22 Mar 2018 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmac (Post 605963)
the "imtryingtosendto.com" domain is not mine. I was just trying to send an email to them however it bounced back with that message. the 'mydomainname.com is a fastmail address I was sending from.

If "mydomainname.com" is a FastMail owned domain, or your own domain with the DNS hosted by FastMail, raise a support ticket. I have always found FastMail's configuration of their DNS for email purposes to follow best practices, but perhaps there could have been an accident somewhere along the line. The message you received seems to suggest the destination server is verifying the existence of MX records and AAAA (which are IPv6 only) records for "mydomain.com". I think the AAAA records are optional, but the MX records certainly ought to be there.

TenFour 22 Mar 2018 07:30 AM

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't see how he could be using the domain to receive his email without A or MX records. Even if you are just sending email from that domain (no receiving) I would imagine it would kill deliverability to not have the DNS set up normally.