EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Free email providers with POP/IMAP support? (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=79222)

Csin 19 Jun 2022 04:06 AM

Free email providers with POP/IMAP support?

Are there any free email providers that offer this? Besides Gmail? That's free as in really free...not 'free' as in temporary trial introduction.

dextron 20 Jun 2022 10:34 PM

What do you mean "free"? There are a lot pseudo-free providers, such as gmail, outlook/hotmail, mail.ru, yandex.com/ru and others. And there are some real free. For example, disroot.org. But it is not for business (read ToS).

Tsunami 21 Jun 2022 03:42 AM

Gmail and Outlook do provide one bonus that not many other providers can offer: the near-guarantee they'll still be around in many years time. These providers are so big that the likelihood of them surviving for many more years is almost a certainty.

In normal circumstances, the same goes for Mail.ru and Yandex, assuming they're not suffering financially right now.

Doesn't Yahoo also provide POP/IMAP or am I remembering wrong here? (It's been years ago since I last used Yahoo, but several people I know still happily use it. Never asked them if they use an email client or webmail)

Tsunami 21 Jun 2022 03:43 AM

PS: not only Gmail and Outlook offer the near-guarantee that they'll survive for many more years, they also offer the near-guarantee that their services will remain free indeed. Which was an essential part of the question the OP asked.

hadaso 21 Jun 2022 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dextron (Post 626408)
What do you mean "free"? There are a lot pseudo-free providers, such as gmail, outlook/hotmail, mail.ru, yandex.com/ru and others. And there are some real free. For example, disroot.org. But it is not for business (read ToS).

My employer supplies me with a free email account, and actually pays me for using it... :rolleyes:

dextron 21 Jun 2022 08:40 PM

It's all said right. One nuance. You must be said to yourself who you are, the customer or the product. So if you are a commodity, then yes, Big Brother (google, microsoft, yahoo, yandex, mail.ru and so on) is waiting for you. If you are a customer, find already about 25$/20EUR per year for service. By the way, there are services that accept the cryptocurrency.

Dutchie007 2 Jul 2022 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsunami (Post 626412)
PS: not only Gmail and Outlook offer the near-guarantee that they'll survive for many more years, they also offer the near-guarantee that their services will remain free indeed. Which was an essential part of the question the OP asked.

You could probably add Yahoo and/or AOL to those as well I think. Not that I would use them myself on a daily basis but I know there are still tons of people using them.

D

jeffpan 3 Jul 2022 12:45 PM

All germany free email providers have the features you requested.
  1. GMX.de
  2. Web.de
  3. freenet.de
  4. arcor.de
  5. vodafone.de
  6. mail.de
  7. t-online.de
  8. magenta.de

RFK 4 Jul 2022 07:04 AM

Gmail
Hotmail/Outlook.com
Yahoo.com