View Single Post
Old 29 Jun 2019, 04:45 AM   #5
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

It was explained in that other thread. Click the IMAP icon in the Import & Setup and fill in the requested info.

It's not POP fetch anymore. It's IMAP fetch. For actually pulling email over from another service it doesn't matter if it's POP or IMAP. I did comment it would be nice to be given the choice (mentioned that in a ticket I submitted too). But it does work.

Note you have to be careful when setting it up to not to enable importing from the service (unless you want to). I experimented last night switching my old POP fetch from gmail (deleting my original fetch) to IMAP. I forgot to disable the importing and FM started sucking down everything from my gmail account. I am not sure why that even worked at all because when I stopped it and went back to recreate the fetch gmail wouldn't let me any more. Turns out I needed to set the "Allow less secure apps" in gmail. Maybe that has something to do with the re-verification process FM has to do with google but I don't understand why setting "Allow less secure apps" wasn't required the first time I tried it.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote