View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2017, 12:43 AM   #230
DumbGuy
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
I cannot understand this decision, either
Why is it so hard to understand? Very few customers use the Classic UI, and it's time-consuming for them to maintain 2 interfaces.

When they created the new/current UI, they could've immediately pulled the plug on the old one, but instead gave us several years of overlap, of dual support while we each make the transition.

While there are things I'll miss from the old UI, I've taken the time over the last year to migrate myself to the current UI. The only time I now log in to the old UI is when I send an email with a message-read/delivered request. (And FM says they plan to bring that feature over to the current UI soon.)

As has been discussed in this thread, perhaps a good migration path for those seeking an experience similar to the Classic UI, might be to find another webmail provider somewhere (or find a Roundcube server) that has the low-frills low-bandwidth elements of FM's Classic UI, but can also establish IMAP or POP connections to outside email providers, to access your FastMail and read it there.
DumbGuy is offline   Reply With Quote