View Single Post
Old 23 Jul 2016, 01:56 AM   #1
paleolith
Cornerstone of the Community

FM app pulling conversations from multiple folders

I recently got my first smartphone, an Android. Of course one of the first apps I loaded was FM -- I don't plan to use it for email much, but definitely as a backup while traveling.

But I immediately noticed that in conversations it displays two copies of every message in my primary email folder. The reason is obvious: I copy (via Sieve) all incoming email to an archive folder, and the FM app is pulling conversation-related messages from all folders rather than just the current folder. I don't see any way to disable conversation display, but even if could, I can't deal with my email without some form of conversation grouping, whether it's "standard" or not.

I have the same problem with the web interface. That's one reason I don't use it. The other reason is simply that I prefer using a local interface. (Webmail has improved enormously, but I still prefer local response.)

My only other option is to use a third party email app. That's what I do on the desktop -- FM doesn't provide a desktop app, and there are several still thriving despite the popularity of webmail. I suspect that FM's app is an excellent one, and using it would mean I don't have to find another and figure out any inconsistencies resulting from the third part app interfacing with FM.

So using the FM app would be my preferred route ... if I could get it to listen when I say "just this folder". Is there any way to get it to listen?

Edward
paleolith is offline   Reply With Quote