View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2022, 04:38 AM   #4
InquiringMind

Let me re-state my question to help me understand the replies.

I used Accuwebhosting as the Domain Name Registrar.

Accuwebhosting is a reseller for Enom.

Enom provides a limited access control panel for customers of Accuwebhosting to use.

This limited control panel allows me to either choose the Enom default name servers or specify others.

If you use the default nameservers, you are granted access to change mail server related records. If you specify any other name servers, the access to change mail server related records is blocked.

I chose to use Fastmail. Fastmail asks you to use its nameservers and then they change all of the related mailserver information in the records for you. You do not have to make any of those changes yourself.

BUT... Fastmail seems to be having problems lately. I hope they correct them; however if they do not, I will have to move my accounts and my family member's account which has its own domain.

So say that I wanted to use the ex why zee dot com for mail service for the account that uses its own domain.

The ex why zee dot com wants the user to enter all of the mail information. See below:

With the ex why zee Webmail you can have email hosted with your own domain name as long as long as you have registered the domain, the domain does not need to be registered with us to host email with a custom domain. If the domain is not registered through the ex why zee, you will need to edit your DNS records as per the guide below to enable domain-based email. These directions are the same for all email accounts hosted with us: the ex why zee Webmail, MobileSync, and Microsoft Exchange accounts (except Office 365). They are required when you create an email with your own domain name to send mail and access your email...
... The domain does not need to be registered or transferred to the ex why zee to use our email service. We support all domain registrars on our hosted email environment.

1. Edit MX Records (required)
2. Add An SPF Record (recommended)
3. Enable DKIM Authentication (recommended)
4. Add Autodiscover Setup (optional)

So given the above information, the only way that I could make these changes would be to set the nameservers to default values.

So, would I then leave those nameserver values set to the defaults or would I change them to ones appropriate for the ex why zee dot com service. And if I do change them to ones appropriate for the ex why zee dot com service, would the values I set for 1. 2. 3. and 4. still be there and be usable to send and receive mail ?
InquiringMind is offline   Reply With Quote