View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2017, 09:24 AM   #14
Gankaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccl1 View Post
one huge thing I will miss is the hangouts integration into gmail. I am already missing messages there, even though the discontinuation won't happen for a little while in May.

So now, I have a few people on Allo. Which I really don't like. And guess what? Allo must use some proprietary system b/c I don't get all the Allo messages on anywhere except Allo.

Here is a recent test that I did:

I now have tested 4 messenger apps.

hangouts (no allo messages received at all)
pulse (allo messages received, but warns me to dl allo to view images) allo (which I got the LAST image from Allo, but no previous messages or images)
google message (no allo images messages received)

so basically we're starting to devolve further into this mes s

https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/chat_systems.png
I didn't like Edward Snowden's news announcement about Allo. "They are spying on you."

Not that "they" aren't via Hangouts. Or your phone's sms. Or that they aren't listening through your smart tv/Google Home device/Bose headsets...and many other mentionable and unmentionable objects. (if you read recent news you'll understand).

I think I like Telegram. It's private. I wish I could force all my family on it. We never say anything other than personal goofy family stuff, or honey go pick me up some groceries, but still, it's like a peeping Tom at your freaking life window all the time. It's unnerving.
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote