View Single Post
Old 31 Oct 2012, 12:41 PM   #6
marianh

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
To me the biggest problem with the new interface is the complete lack of documentation for it coupled with the fact that intuitive commands in the old interface have been replaced with utterly undocumented key combinations and other similarly arcane steps.
I agree with the lack of documentation, and completely understand your frustration there. That's why I'm spending time here trying to help people find their new way around the interface.
In most cases, keyboard shortcuts are discoverable by mousing over the associated button. There are a few cases where this is not so (such as searching for a folder name, deleting permanently in some cases, and auto-formatting plain text).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
Attach from file storage is a good example. It's probably still present (because that's the whole point of file storage and the reason the per file size limit in file storage is the same as the attachment size limit) but I have no clue how to do it. Clicking and dragging from file storage doesn't seem to do the trick (although I wouldn't particularly like doing this anyway.)

I think, at the very least, this rollout should have been put off until you had time to at least write a couple of text files telling us how to do everything in the new interface.
You won't find attach from file storage in there at the moment. We do take note of those features you want to see brought across to the new interface, and as such I've done that for yours now.
marianh is offline   Reply With Quote