View Single Post
Old 23 Jul 2023, 11:27 AM   #9
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHH View Post
Hello. I'm a newbie here. Please be gentle.

I use and prefer Thunderbird as my email client. I have accounts in TB for email addresses I've set up with my ISP and with Gmail; however, I've been remarkably unsuccessful in adding accounts to TB for email addresses I set up in Fastmail, ie addresses with @fastmail.com as the domain.

Fastmail support has NOT been very helpful. Maybe I need to brush up on my Australian.

I want to emphasize that I CAN and HAVE setup an account for the account name and email address that I set up with Fastmail after signing up for the trial period. I CANNOT, however, setup any of the other 5 email addresses I set up with Fastmail as a Thunderbird email account. I THINK this means that I have successfully set up the 'app Password' at Fastmail and that its password has been successfully validated.

The problem seems to revolve around passwords. I say this because when I go through the process of adding an account in Thunderbird the domain name verification step is successful. I proceed to choose POP3 instead of IMAP and use the suggested validation values for port and connection validation and click DONE. Thunderbird proceeds to display a flashing message that it is validating the password. I've used the same password that I used when setting up the one Fastmail account, and I've tried generating and using fresh passwords. No matter what password I use, I cannot setup the account.

TIA
I think you will require an APP password for each fastmail address you are using in Thunderbird.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote