Thread: New TLDs
View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2014, 06:07 AM   #22
hans2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrStrabismus View Post
But you're comparing a situation where having a large number of top-level objects became unworkable with one where it's a non-issue in order to imply that the latter may be absurd. This makes your analogy completely spurious.
OK, whatever. The analogy was in parentheses because it wasn't essential to my point. I had asked whether you think having a TLD for every IP would be absurd. You didn't answer, but since you refer to this scenario as a "non-issue" (and, since you keep attacking my points), then it seems that your answer is "no" (which is fine with me... no hard feelings).

Quote:
I'd say that your position now boils down to: if the increase in the number of TLD were managed in an absurd way, then the increase might be absurd.
My position is exactly as I stated, no decoding is needed. I'd say that your position (since you keep avoiding stating one) now boils down to: you are certain that TLDs will never be managed in an absurd way, period.

It's fine with me if that's your position (and as I said before, I hope you're right). No need to be shy about stating it!

Just sayin'....
hans2010 is offline   Reply With Quote