View Single Post
Old 14 Mar 2021, 12:46 AM   #14
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Steve View Post
Checked them out. I will not use an email provider that is going to monitor and make value judgements about the content of my mail, especially these days when activism often eclipses common sense. Sure, cut me off if I spam or if I use the service for illegal purposes. But their T&Cs essentially say that if I send or receive messages that do not meet their desires, they may terminate my service and refuse to even let me know why.

Quote:
Each account holder is solely responsible for all messages sent or received through our service. As a condition for using, you agree to not use Migadu services for any unlawful or prohibited activities. This includes any unethical or undesired activities by any party.

You also agree to be bound by these terms. We may at our sole discretion, terminate service without cause or notice. In a case of a severe violation of these terms we may refuse communication with violators as well ignore their appeals.

Please understand that we take a hard stand, but in practice we will try to keep you informed of everything that concerns your account. We will take aggressive actions only when absolutely necessary to protect ourselves, our property, other users as well third parties.
I don’t see anything non standard in their policy. Looks pretty normal and solid, that part you quoted. I can’t imagine anyone not having a policy that’s at least equivalent, even if worded differently.

Take my policy for example, it’s becoming a mess of forbidden use cases as I discover new ways to skate around the letter of the policy to disrupt service for neighbors, negatively impact IP reputation, etc. Bottom line is we all need open policies that acknowledge that you can’t know every damaging use case before you see it, nor can you allow it just because you couldn’t imagine it before someone executed it. Anyone not willing to terminate based on circumstances they can’t adequately define beforehand is then incapable of protecting you from IP reputation issues. It sucks but that’s the business.

I actually kind of like the wording of their policy as I read it, but maybe I skipped over something.

Last edited by jarland : 14 Mar 2021 at 12:55 AM.
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote