View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2020, 07:02 AM   #1
tsphillips

Fastmail free trial - 3 malfunctions

I have been using (and paying for) Fastmail for a decade. Now I am on the “Standard” plan.

This week a friend of mine signed up for a free trial of Fastmail.

My friend shared their password with me.

So far, the new free account received three emails (all from Fastmail) (none of which have been opened or read) and did not send any emails but I have drafted and saved some emails in it. Already there are three malfunctions that do not occur on my paid-for account.

Using the Fastmail iOS app, for a minute or two after logging in, the free trial account consistently malfunctions - in the following two ways.

Firstly, if I select the “Drafts” folder and tap on a draft email from the list, the content of the draft email that opens is missing. Instead, where the content should appear, there is a blank space where text can be typed in. If I type anything into the blank space the previous content is lost.

Secondly, if I compose a new email then save it as a draft then tap on it in the list in the “Drafts” folder, the email does not open. Instead, after a delay of a fraction of a second, the list of draft emails is displayed again.

Using the web interface, the free trial account has the following malfunction - which occurs consistently, regardless of how long has elapsed since I logged in and regardless of whether I use the Safari web browser on the Mac operating system or Microsoft Edge on a Windows PC.

If I compose a new email then save it as a draft then select the “Drafts” folder: in the reading pane, the content of the message is not displayed. Instead, where the content should appear, it says “Loading…” and clicking the “Edit Draft” button has no effect - for at least 1 hour 45 minutes.

I have just informed Fastmail, by email.
tsphillips is offline   Reply With Quote