View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 2016, 07:26 AM   #20
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
I'm in my 20s and don't use WhatsApp, Viber or Facebook at all (I don't even know what Viber is)
It's a Skype-esque communication service. I never used it myself though, I do occasionally use Skype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchie007 View Post
From what I notice in my life is that MOST people (especialy younger ones) do NOT use email anymore. Mostly they prefer whatsapp,Viber,Skype or the FB messenger. I even saw this with some companies. True...in larger companies email still plays an important role.

However here in germany i still see that many copmpanies still use written letters and/or fax!!! When I moved here in 2014 I was realy surprised that they still use the fax. I personaly do not like to use the fax because i think its obsolete now in 2016. You can do wunderfull things with a scanner/modern smartphone and email:-)

I myself am addicted to email:-) But I am from the old guard.

Dutchie.
United Domains, a Germany-based domain registrar, to my knowledge still requires a signed fax for each domain transfer. And I think that's good ; it feels like an extra layer of security. It may not go as fast as most registrars where paperworks have been abolished, but I don't think it's a negative thing.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote