View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2018, 11:26 PM   #1
PON
Essential Contributor

Linux + Firefox Quantum + TiddlyWiki + WebDAV

Has anyone got this working?

I have used TiddlyWiki with Firefox and webDAV on Windows for a long time, mainly with my NAS. I'm now using Linux Mint and dealing with a "helpful" update to Firefox 57: the latest version of Firefox constrains file saves to the local Downloads folder. I can save to a NAS directory by symlinking a subdirectory for wikis but then other downloads get redirected as well unless I reset this manually via the browser's Options page, not someone one wants to be fiddling with constantly.

First, I need to be able to open an HTML file as a web page from a webDAV file space (connecting with File, Connect from my file manager -- Nemo, in Cinnamon, works ok but doesn't provide for updating via HTTP/S).

If I try to view a file in my Fastmail file storage using a browser I get a plain text file. If I try to access it via https://myfiles.fastmail.com I now just get a downloaded HTML page when I log in (same with Chrome).

One workaround would be to downgrade to an old version of Firefox or run another browser, such as Waterfox, but if others have any suggestions I'd interested to hear them.

TiddlyWiki offers a variety of back-end possibilities now, which detract a bit from its previous simplicity -- an entire wiki in a single HTML file<sigh>.
PON is offline   Reply With Quote