View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2006, 03:29 AM   #65
sussdorff

Backup with fastmail

I run two domains and 5 accounts with fastmail and I explicitly asked to keep at least of them on different servers. They said they could not do this, though I wonder why (and it took them three weeks to get back to me).

I would be willing to keep up with this if I could ask them to move my accounts to specific servers. So far I was just lucky that they have them on different machines.

Additionally I wonder, if Server 3 is the one which is redundant and has failed in the past, why they did not move the enhanced members off the server first (if they did, they must have a lot of enhanced members).

Harsh as it might sound, but I would expect the paying members to be moved first to redundant setups and preferably (hehe) in order of contribution .

Last but not least, people mentioned "backup" email services. Well, this is nice and shining, but how do you keep a redundant e-mail service? Just having additional accounts does me no good when I want to recieve e-mails.

It would be a great idea if the fastmail crew would allow users to change their rules even though the IMAP is down. This would guarantee that email still can be delivered to the backup email account. How do I know? All email coming to my domain is still being delivered to the other 4 accounts, but sadly I cannot change the routing on the main account to get it delivered to the backup emails addresses.
sussdorff is offline   Reply With Quote