View Single Post
Old 27 Dec 2018, 12:15 AM   #1
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Which provider as alternative for a "throwaway" email?

There's a few websites I'd like to sign up for, but due to rumours of frequent spam, I'd opt to use a separate email address for it rather than risking to have my regular email account filled with spam and be worried about what other risks may be (I have anxiety disorder, so I often worry a bit too easily).

I first thought of signing up with a mail account that only lasts for a short while, such as the addresses provided by Guerrillamail.com ; those email addresses vanish after, if I remember well, 1 hour.
However, for the sake of not being kicked out of the sites I've signed up for when they detect an inexisting email address, I figured I'd better create a real mailbox but one used only for signing up etc.

I checked GMX.com, Mail.com, Zoho.com but they all ask for either another email address or a mobile number during the sign-up process. This I'd like to avoid because I want to keep my regular accounts far away from this one.

Does anyone know a service where you can sign up for without providing another mail address or phone number?
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote