View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2020, 08:49 PM   #15
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue View Post
I use DDG to search for a business site. I order what I need, and then I proceed to the checkout. (I am registered at many of the sites, but not the ones I use infrequently.) I fill out pertinent data required by the site and then attempt to place the order. Sometimes it looks like I have placed the order. I get a confirmation notice of receipt of the order, but the item ordered never arrives.
In cases where you get a confirmation notice, it's hard to see how non-delivery of the order can be caused by a computer problem. To pursue those non-deliveries you will need to have screenshots of these order confirmation screens, and then contact the vendor and ask why their delivery companies are not delivering to you. For a start you need to find out if the vendor is sending stuff or not. Maybe a local courier or postal service is at fault? Then again, maybe they've tried to deliver and failed and emailing you about that has not worked...

Quote:
Most commonly, I receive an on-screen notice on the business’ checkout page that my order cannot be processed.
Are you certain that the payment card has not expired and/or is not being (temporarily?) blocked by the card-issuer? Is it always the same card?

Have you asked the card-issuer (unless you already know from statements) whether any of these purchase attempts are being seen by them?

Quote:
I have contacted vendors about the problem, but they all (100%) will tell me that the problem is on my end, not theirs.
If you're speaking just to ordinary sales-oriented 'customer services' staff they may just say that, but it should be possible to find out what specific issues can cause an "order cannot be processed" message. You probably need the email issues solved first though, so you can send screenshots of their error messages to them, and get their replies.

Quote:
I just usually change to another company. What happens then is that I can order from the new company for a while, and then the problem starts all over again.
It's perplexing!
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote