View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2019, 10:45 AM   #4
marty1968

Excite.com hobbled as is the email but possible workaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFK View Post
My three email accounts from Excite stopped working: can not login.

I suspect they stopped providing email service.
Just joined this site to let you know that you may still be able to get to your excite emails if you go through webmail portal == webmail.excite.com/ == look through your browser's history [there may be more info past webmail.excite.com/ ] click it and it should automatically bring you to the last account you were logged onto last... Be careful not to logout on the top right corner [not sure if you could get back in -if you try it let us know if you can login thru wemail.excite.com only-] I tried to copy/paste onto a different browser and it takes me to login.excite.com, not good

As far as your other two email accounts, not sure how you can get to those since the excite portal is now severely hobbled due to the new 'experience': Theres no login on the home page like there used to be and login.excite.com doesn't work to get through to the email either with your email address or username which I have had for almost two decades & password retrieval is useless and 'forgot password' is useless.

I hope you aren't right and this is some lame attempt to get rid of the email service, at least Lycos gave us a few months before they evaporated -- and the old Excite email portal was just fine, why did they screw with it??

PS this is the only support message from excite:
https://support.excite.com/hc/en-us/...sues-3-28-2019

PPS... Close the browser tab/window immediately when you are done, I forgot to and forgot that the session times out and logs you out and basically screwed myself since it leads me to the login.excite.com page again ... at least I made notes as to which accounts I have to switch out of excite mail

Last edited by marty1968 : 3 Apr 2019 at 02:17 PM. Reason: PPS / Addendum
marty1968 is offline   Reply With Quote