Thread: Tutanota down
View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2020, 12:30 AM   #47
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
And BTW, that was a somewhat decent post by them, glad they finally did that. However, it doesn't solve some core issues for me, personally, but I'll keep an eye for what material changes they actually make in the future, and for further updates. And they didn't explain why they are still blacklisted, not to mention why abuse reports are still coming in from their IP, and what's up with some questionable domains that are resolving to their IP, etc. Also, other than mentioning that they will finally be creating an external update service (with poor justification IMO of why they haven't done it so far), they also did not take accountability for the way they failed to keep everyone updated during the attack. So concerns still remain for me. This looks more like rookie damage control to me than real, meaningful change and accountability. But that's just my take on it, and time will tell. I understand that this is still a fluid situation, but for now I'm not planning on signing up again. In any case, I do wish them well and hope they can be successful.
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote