View Single Post
Old 10 Mar 2018, 08:56 PM   #5
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

I asked fastmail for this in December 2016, Ticket Id: 1785753. I said:

It's a pain having to go into your Settings - Mail - Preferences - to find the default 'View HTML' option and change it, and then after having looked at that one email have to go there again and reset it. It would be fantastic if you could add an option to the 'More' dropdown menu, perhaps after 'Show Raw Message', to 'Show HTML part' (and I suppose for people using the HTML view all the time there might be an advantage in having a 'Show plain text part', though 'Show Raw Message' probably solves most of those issues).

Some of my email is handled by another company, who provide Roundcube as their webmail interface. There's a bunch of things I dislike about that, but one thing it does have is a pair of buttons in every mail viewer window allowing you to choose which view you want to use for that particular email. Every time I look for the same in your interface and fail to find it, I curse!

They said it wasn't in their immediate plans. It's constantly annoying as so many companies don't provide a proper plain text version of whatever they send as HTML.
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote