View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2018, 11:58 AM   #100
jdmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue View Post
It was resolved -- for a while. My newsletters actually went where they were supposed to for a couple of months. Now I'm back to sorting every morning.
Okay. Can you describe as specifically as you can what this "sorting every morning" entails, step by step? What things need to be sorted? By what criteria are you sorting those things? How many possible actions are there for each sorted thing?

Are these e-newsletters the only kind of incoming messages that you're having this type of difficulty with? When they "went where they were supposed to for a couple of months", precisely what place or places were they going to? Does that place (or those places) still exist, but now you have to move the messages there yourself by hand, whereas previously they were landing there automatically? If so, what did you do originally to make that automatic behavior start happening in the first place?

By the way, do you *always* interact with your FastMail account by using the FastMail Web interface, i.e. from within a Web browser? Do you *ever* interact with your FastMail account by using a third-party email program or app? Do you *ever* interact with your FastMail account from a different location, or using a different device, from your primary one?

I remember reading earlier in this lengthy thread that you had exactly three different email addresses that you maintain in active use. Is that still true today? If so, do all three of them end in "@fastmail.fm" or "@fastmail.com" or any of the dozens of other top-level domains that FastMail owns? Do the three addresses consist of a main address that matches your FastMail login username, plus two "aliases" of that address that you created yourself from within FastMail's Web interface?

Hang in there, and I'll do my best to help you get this all figured out and squared away. =)
jdmc is offline   Reply With Quote